how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

samsonite

join:2013-02-06

Anyone heard of this company?

»secure.contact.net/plans/full

They are offering the 25mbps dsl connection with 500 GB cap for $34.95. I am currently with teksavvy 25 mbps dsl.

Are they legit? Anyone with them?

levesque739

join:2008-05-13
Laval, QC

»contact.net are these guys real?

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to samsonite

They give the same address as AEI internet (A CNOC member).

405 rue de la Concorde, suite 200. Montréal

So guess it's just a reseller of theirs. Why go to a reseller of a reseller?

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
reply to samsonite

wow cheap... is it 10mbps and do you need to pay for dry loop and the modem from them?

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to samsonite

Pretty awefull their speed test... almost looks like a scam... I have 50/10 and it says 15 down and 0.6 up...

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23

1 edit
reply to samsonite

AEI is not a reseller. They're a wholesaler.

The $34.95 pricing is "as low as", which leads me to believe there is some sort of long-term contract involved or something. Or perhaps it's an Acanac-style "12-month contract, first year at a loss, subsequent years at much higher price" thing.

AEI does not offer 25 Mbps service with a cap. Their only 25 meg tier is 69.95 for unlimited.

EDIT: Contact's website is definitely not legal. They're based in Quebec, but have no French version (OLF violation). They claim their services are "award winning" but make no reference to what award (false advertising).

Considering their privacy policy lists the address and telephone number of AEI, I think this is probably just a new sub-brand of AEI. Somebody should call AEI's number (the one on the Contact site) and ask them.

EDIT2: They charge extra for tech support.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

samsonite

join:2013-02-06
reply to samsonite

kk, thank alot for the replies