how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LastDon

join:2002-08-13

2 edits

All This UBB , Usage based BS was such a waste

Slowly Slowly, we are seeing that all the efforts of UBB and petitions were a waste and were driven by greed.

Petitions to Mr. Clement, Open Media's efforts. Teksavvy's. JF etc. such a waste of time that could of been avoided!

Now all a sudden rogers and bell is offering unlimited internet with a cost attached to it.
it clearly shows that that all those hearings, consults, train rides, and lawyers were the doing of bell / rogers / just to pocket more money but charging outrage fees to their customers and the Indies that rent their lines

It also shows that their stupid add-on packages were BS - $10 bucks gives you unlimited internet and yet just a month ago 5 bucks gave you 25GB? or whatever.

So what did we learn?

Fake Congestion.
Fake Results from bell and rogers that was submitted to the CRTC
CRTC became useless to believe those lies.

and whatever else anyone can add

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Post of the year. Made tons of sense.

/sarcasm

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to LastDon
its fucking bullshit there's no doubt.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
It's very smart, tie up the TPIA providers, while upgrading your network and planning for unlimited.

Why go to a TPIA provider,when you can get it all here... in the interim we'll make a killing on the outrageous capacity based billing rates.

LastDon

reply to geokilla
I am sorry did something offend you?

Mr Shifty

@videotron.ca
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

No it's not.
Bell, Rogers and Videotron just happened to fix the congestion problems at the same time.

All a... coincidence.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Pardon my French.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
Reviews:
·MTS
reply to Mr Shifty
said by Mr Shifty :

said by TSI Marc:

No it's not.
Bell, Rogers and Videotron just happened to fix the congestion problems at the same time.

All a... coincidence.

Could the next .... coincidence.... introduce an un-matchable better deal ($$) than the independents?

Would not say I'd be surprised.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
How's this for coincidence: »www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/decisions.htm
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Here we go man.

The shit is about to hit the fan.

Mike

Mr Shifty

@videotron.ca
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Now, now. This is just another strange turn of events.
An inexplicable serious of phenomena.
A mere... coincidence.

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Considering the decision was done say a month ago and within a month before 703 decision they all come out with unlimited,I'd say they knew beforehand.
I cant say what way it will go as the CRTC could screw indies and keep rates same so bell et all are free to offer unlimited to get back the indies customers.If goes the other way they need unlimited to compete and not lose customers (the way it should of been from the start)

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Well, there's only one place it can go... Down. The question is by how much.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario
If it goes down I hope its enough to get me off 5mb DSL and onto Rogers ATPIA when you get it.I've been weighing the decision for several weeks on what to do

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
You mean if its enough to make the higher DSL speeds attractive?
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

LastDon

reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Oh oh what did they file for? more price increases on you guys?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by LastDon:

said by TSI Marc:

Oh oh what did they file for? more price increases on you guys?

Sort of... It's the continuation to the UBB stuff... We now call it CBB.. Capacity based billing... Essentially our costs are going to change across the board... We deal with 7 incumbents and all of them may change on us in one shot.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

But since the decision was made before the recent re-introductions of "unlimited internet" from B/R, the decision itself probably doesn't take that evidence into account. Time to file another complaint/appeal/whatever, pronto!

LastDon

reply to TSI Marc
You guys in theory or maybe not in theory but
in reality use this new "unlimited" offering to your advantage no?

Could the CNOC and others not file some new filing with the crtc ?

On a side note, I am just a customer and have been following this saga like most of us from day 1. It truly pisses me off that they go around and start offering shi..t like this when just months / a year ago they were making customers worried about costs and usage.

f'ing arssoles.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Not much we can do about their retal offerings... Earlier this year bell started totally undercutting us on business DSL. Their retail was lower than our costs.

I'm totally with you. My blood just boils when I think of all the shit we've been put through.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to mlord
said by mlord:

said by TSI Marc:

But since the decision was made before the recent re-introductions of "unlimited internet" from B/R, the decision itself probably doesn't take that evidence into account. Time to file another complaint/appeal/whatever, pronto!

Maybe.. It would be really difficult I'd say. I really hope the CRTC gets it right this time around. It's like 5 years in the making...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to LastDon
said by LastDon:

CRTC became useless to believe those lies.

Actually, I think we can all learn a very valuable lesson from this.

The CRTC is - I hate to say this - important. That is, when they're doing their job. The CRTC under KvF let the incumbents literally do whatever the fuck they wanted and rubber stamped everything.

The CRTC under JPB has been a completely different animal. Bell buying Astral? No! Rogers requesting arbitrary simsubs? No! The CRTC has even taken an active role in consumer protection for cell phone subscribers. They're now requiring full costing for tariff applications. The list goes on and on and on.

So really guys, as much as we all bitched about the CRTC, they have turned into our... friends... in this whole issue (I think I threw up a bit in my mouth saying that).

If the CRTC was still the same captured regulatory body that it was under KvF, *none* of what is going on now would be going on.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
We're sure due that's for sure...

I'll reserve my judgement for next week. I really do want to believe it too though.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

1 recommendation

said by TSI Marc:

I'll reserve my judgement for next week. I really do want to believe it too though.

I have a friend who follows the CRTC closely, but on the broadcasting side of things. He said the change in their attitude since JPB has come to the chair has been stunning and such a polar shift that it's like nothing he has ever seen.

I'm not ready to start singing their praises just yet, but so far they have been moving in a direction that makes me quite optimistic about what things will be like in the future.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

So really guys, as much as we all bitched about the CRTC, they have turned into our... friends... in this whole issue (I think I threw up a bit in my mouth saying that).

I threw up a little bit in your mouth too after reading that.

But yeah, there have been changes. But after 5 years of total insanity I still don't trust them. They would have to replace every commissioner for me. Keep in mind the commissioners were out of whack with reality as well. Not just KvF.

Sorry for barfing in your mouth...

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Gone
Nice. That's reassuring to hear.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

andyb
Premium
SW Ontario
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

No I want cable but you dont serve here and bell only offers "upto" 15mb here.Not paying 100 install fee for upto 15mb.I'm waiting for Agg TPIA with good rates

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by andyb:

said by TSI Marc:

No I want cable but you dont serve here and bell only offers "upto" 15mb here.Not paying 100 install fee for upto 15mb.I'm waiting for Agg TPIA with good rates

Ah. I see what you mean. The rest of the footprint we should have very soon.. Hang in there dude.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Not much we can do about their retal offerings... Earlier this year bell started totally undercutting us on business DSL. Their retail was lower than our costs.

I'm totally with you. My blood just boils when I think of all the shit we've been put through.

That's predatory pricing, regulatory issues aside, that's illegal Air Canada has been bitchslapped a few times because of that.

Send this to your lawyers

Section 78(1)(i) of the Competition Act prohibits companies from the selling products at unreasonably low prices which is either designed to facilitate, or has the effect of, eliminating competition or a competitor.

Now if that doesn't sound like what Bell is doing, tell me what is?
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
That does sound like a bitchslap waitin' to happen.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy