dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Cincinnati Bell
·ViaTalk
reply to VioletVenom

Love the our Samsung front loaders also. No smell but we also do a load of laundry almost every day. We do leave the door open between loads.

Once a month I use that Tide Washing machine cleaner »www.tide.com/en-US/product/tide-···ner.jspx with the sanitize cycle wipe the boot and drain and clean filter. It amazing how much crap builds up in that filter.

bkjohnson
Premium
join:2002-05-22
Birmingham, AL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to VioletVenom

I had to replace my washer in 2010. I surprised myself by buying a Maytag HE front loader rather than a top loader, largely because of the experience of a person who had the machine I bought. I have been very happy with the machine. I do not run many loads, and leave the door open when the machine is not in use. The smell problems that I was warned might occur with a front loader simply have not happened. I pretty much have stopped using the recommended affresh cycle. Water usage is noticeably down. Dryer time is also reduced because of the more powerful spin cycle, and, I suppose, less water per load to start with. Cycle times are longer, but this machine cleans much, much better than the machine it replaced (older high end Maytag), especially on the white cycle. No more skid mark problems. There was a reasonably priced extended warranty available when I bought it, and due to the high price of repairing solid state controls if need be I added it, although I do not usually buy extended warranties I did, however refuse to buy the pedestal. So far that has not been a problem - it has the same door height as my older dryer.