how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Capt_video

join:2001-12-28
Grapevine, TX

HBO GO and MAX GO

Having trouble logging in to the GO channels from HBO on my laptop, desktop and android tablet. Both say that I need to sign up for the channels on Verizon. I have no problem accessing HBO GO on my Roku and I can log in to Verizon with no problem Changed my password but still the same result. Anyone seen this before? Verizon says it is an HBO problem and HBO says it is a Verizon problem.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1

Try clearing cache and cookies.

MagicalPig

join:2008-07-25
reply to Capt_video

I know this isn't a fix but a work around that might work until you get that account going.

Create a sub-account email address and authenticate a new account with HBO\MAX

Also a good way to let "family members" view as well

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA
reply to Capt_video

Click for full size
Secondary MAX-GO Login screen
I've always had to log into HBO-GO or MAX-GO via the MyVerizon portal. If I go directly to either site and try to log on via my V* account, I get a secondary log-in window that asks me to log on again except that the username and password entry areas are pushed way off to the right and cannot be scrolled to (see attached). I can never get past that screen.

I've contacted both V* and HBO-GO and got the same crap: "It's the other guy's fault."

The other issue is that the video quality is very poor - lots of macro-blocking and the video "hitches" for about 1/2 second, every 5 seconds - basically unwatchable.

My D/L speed always tests at around 30 Mbps:

»www.speedtest.net/result/2512736894.png

This is on an ASUS P6T, Core i7 930, running at 3.2 GHz, 6 GB memory w/ an Nvidia GeForce 9500, 1 GB of video RAM. No slouch by any means.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

Capt_video

Grapevine, TX
reply to miataman

Already tried and notice I said it happens on more than one device. Five devices actually. Two laptop, two desktops and one tablet.

Capt_video

Grapevine, TX
reply to MagicalPig

Should have clarified earlier but sub accounts do not work either. All of the accounts work on ROKU box so I am not out completely except MAX GO is not on ROKU that I can find.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
reply to Capt_video

Do you have both session and first-party cookies enabled?

Capt_video

Grapevine, TX

Yes and no. Enabled on the two desktops and one laptop and disabled on the second laptop. Just found out that when logged in to "My Verizon", I cannot view these channels either. It says they are locked until I subscribe which Verizon assures me I am. I can view both channels using the DVR along with their on-demand channels. I have reached out to a contact within Verizon to find out who can help with this.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by Capt_video:

Yes and no. Enabled on the two desktops and one laptop and disabled on the second laptop. Just found out that when logged in to "My Verizon", I cannot view these channels either. It says they are locked until I subscribe which Verizon assures me I am. I can view both channels using the DVR along with their on-demand channels. I have reached out to a contact within Verizon to find out who can help with this.

You might want to post this on Verizon's own forum »forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Te···/FiOS_TV. I've seen others with a similar problem and a Verizon person (usually Anthony) gets it fixed.
Or try the Verizon Direct forum here.