resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to Gone

Re: Major CRTC decision next week. - CBB

said by Gone:

HSA is different from GAS. This specific R&V would only affect a very small number of subscribers.

JF emailed me late last night to inform me that the CRTC is no longer using the term 'GAS' and is now using HSA instead, with their decision in February.

This will affect all users, not just non-PPPOE.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Hah, well, isn't that confusing.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

...the CRTC is no longer using the term 'GAS' and is now using HSA instead, with their decision in February.

This will affect all users, not just non-PPPOE.

High Speed Access (HSA) Service; so I guess AGAS is also changed to AHSA? Or what now?
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
reply to resa1983

As far as I read it this R&V only applies to the business rates. The new residential rates are safe for now but Bell explicitly mentioned they may want to increase in the future.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by creed3020:

As far as I read it this R&V only applies to the business rates. The new residential rates are safe for now but Bell explicitly mentioned they will want to increase in the future.

FIFY
--
BHell... A Public Futility. When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to TSI Marc

And it continues with Bell filing a tariff notice for recovering fees for 'missed installs'.

»www.vaxination.ca/crtc/2013/Bell···_ABR.pdf

Total BS, as we've seen multiple missed appointments by Bell here while people were home waiting, with Bell's installer saying 'no one home'.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc

Yes, JF is definitely in the habit these days of lurking on DSLR and posting replies direct to the forum posters by e-mail
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

AkFubar

Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

And it continues with Bell filing a tariff notice for recovering fees for 'missed installs'.

Total BS, as we've seen multiple missed appointments by Bell here while people were home waiting, with Bell's installer saying 'no one home'.

Wow BHell's got a lot of nerve trying to recover those fees. The question should be asked is how many no access/aborted installs occur with Bhell's own subs vs. third party subs. 10 to 1 that there are very few BHell subs aborted/no access and many third party subs aborted/no access. What a scam.
--

AkFubar

Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

TSI should just get sworn affidavits from customers testifying that they waited all day day for a Bhell tech "no show" (and in some cases multiple days). Then get BHell to explain it in the CRTC hearing.
--

GrRrRrRrrr

@videotron.ca
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

This is really boiling my blood. REALLY.

CNOC better file that if Bell misses an appointment then there will be costs awarded to the end-user and to them for having to deal with no-show techs.

Man, the balls this shit-hole of a company has.