spc
uniqs
useless2764
join:2008-10-11
Barrie, ON

useless2764 to Stescotty

to Stescotty

Re: Looks like CRTC Ruling is next week

in other news, teksavvy released cogeco atpia plans that also have unlimited options, makes you think

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by useless2764:

in other news, teksavvy released cogeco atpia plans that also have unlimited options, makes you think

They've always had unlimited options on Cogeco. The same plans that were only available in Chatham are now available network-wide as they've migrated to ATPIA. 14 automatically becomes 20 and 16 automatically becomes 30 with a D3 modem.

They're on record saying Cogeco CBB is killing them. If this ruling is anything but a rout against the incumbents, what you see now from Teksavvy will change fairly quick.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Gone:

said by useless2764:

They've [TSI has] always had unlimited options on Cogeco.

The same plans that were only available in Chatham are now available network-wide as they've migrated to ATPIA....

Are you sure ?

Please read this post : »Re: Major CRTC decision next week. - CBB

And this (from another thread in START forum) :
said by rocca:

....Marc has already said their pricing is just status quo until the decision. None of us know what the impact is going to be and if I was him I'd have probably done the same, ie new service just about ready to go, no point changing the legacy service price when you know it's going to be drastically impacted in less than a week and would have to likely change pricing again....

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

Are you sure ?

Yes, I'm sure. Marc has even said as much. They are identical to the Chatham plans and have now been taken footprint-wide. They aren't new.

Those plans may - I'd even go so far as to say likely - change depending on the results of the CBB review ruling this week, though. Rocca has said the same thing regarding Start's plans.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Gone:

said by Davesnothere:

Are you sure ?

Yes, I'm sure. Marc has even said as much. They are identical to the Chatham plans and have now been taken footprint-wide. They aren't new.

Those plans may - I'd even go so far as to say likely - change depending on the results of the CBB review ruling this week, though. Rocca has said the same thing regarding Start's plans.

START offered us revised cable plans last month. - I even chose one of them and am happy with it.

TSI made no changes, unless you are saying that they extended the existing Chatham rates to everyone else, which seems odd as TSI-Cogeco ATPIA is still in Beta.

Methinks that there is some hair-splitting going on in our conversation, and I have precious few left as it is.

Besides, no matter whether or not anyone did anything, it could all be different/moot after this week.

I can sit tight 'til then if YOU can.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

TSI made no changes, unless you are saying that they extended the existing Chatham rates to everyone else, which seems odd as TSI-Cogeco ATPIA is still in Beta

That's exactly what they did. And it's only in beta in so far that they haven't gotten the website to accurately show Cogeco plans when you enter a postal code in Cogeco territory.

This isn't splitting hairs, this is just what the guys from TSI themselves have said.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

OK, so can we at least agree to disagree then ?

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Um, what's there to disagree on? Search the forums if you don't believe me. This is is right from the horses mouth, not something I made up.