how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Eddy Strong

join:2001-08-29
Naples, FL

Who or Where: Replacement LED Bulbs

I would like to replace the DRL and Stop Lights on my 2005 Malibu (Epsilon Body) with direct fit LED lights, but browsing around left me with a headache! ebay yielded way too many listings and not enough time to comb thru the good and bad!

There's so many different options and flavors withing the same maker/seller for just one single type of bulb to make your head spin!

My car takes the 3157 bulbs for the DRL/Front Turn Signals and 3057 bulbs for the Rear Stop/Turn Lights. I want to keep the wiring stock and just replace the bulbs. Does anyone has any recommended manufacturer/seller to sugest?

xj31

join:2005-09-25
Lake Villa, IL
»www.putco.com/products.cfm?actio···591c3925

I have heard these are decent. I can't say for certain, but might be worth checking out

Stonehawk
Stay Low And Let It Blow
Premium
join:2001-05-17
Deerfield, WI
kudos:1
reply to Eddy Strong
www.superbrightleds.com has been a goto place of mine for years...they have almost every possible LED light out there, and they are cheap.

Eddy Strong

Naples, FL
reply to Eddy Strong

Another good place to start, but pricey!

Thanks for the replies guys!

I've been reading up a bit and found out alot of good words saying that www.vleds.com is one of the best... the bulbs are pricey but outlast the cheaper knock-offs found on ebay

VR38DETT
Turbocharger X2

join:2002-10-24
Vancouver, BC
reply to Eddy Strong

Re: Who or Where: Replacement LED Bulbs

Bear in mind though that you might have to contend with hyper-flashing turn signals after you have replaced the stock halogen bulbs with LEDs due to different resistance properties of the two bulb types.
--
"People say that money isn't the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made." -Joan Rivers

lotusracer
Premium
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Stonehawk
said by Stonehawk:

www.superbrightleds.com has been a goto place of mine for years...they have almost every possible LED light out there, and they are cheap.

Yep.... they also have the flashers that will allow the led lights to flash properly. I know, because I've purchased them and found them to work.
--
Humanity - The greatest natural disaster of all time.

Eddy Strong

Naples, FL
reply to VR38DETT
Yeah, already read about that hyper-flashing issue! I'm a little hesitant to convert I have to admit! It's not so much for looks but more for functionality, I was getting tired of replacing bulbs.

My problem is that the turn signal/DRLs run too hot, so hot that the yellow lenses are melting and I was blowing bulbs constantly. I was blowing a bulb about every 3 months or so, the bulb were actually cracking. So far it has improved and have not had a bulb go out in over a year.

I used to buy Sylvania, but my last batch was GEs

shdesigns