uniqs
share rss forum feed

df909

join:2013-03-05
Canada
reply to twizlar

Re: Beware of BroadLine Networks

said by twizlar:

While we do provide internet connectivity, it isn't through an incumbent and it isn't for residential/small business.

If Atria networks is one of your main providers as well as where you are leasing datacenter space then yes you are going through an incumbent.

Rogers acquired Atria 2 years ago.

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON
kudos:3
said by df909:

said by twizlar:

While we do provide internet connectivity, it isn't through an incumbent and it isn't for residential/small business.

If Atria networks is one of your main providers as well as where you are leasing datacenter space then yes you are going through an incumbent.

Rogers acquired Atria 2 years ago.

Heh, we only use them for backhaul/vlans, which isn't regulated by the CRTC. I meant that our internet services do not run via incumbent services such as GAS or TPIA.
--
Broadline Networks Inc.

Ragnor

@5.34.244.x
reply to hm
According to the internet wayback archieve, Broadline Networks has been selling Bell and Telus residential internet since 2008. May have been longer. For Cable I only noticed that they stated they do Shaw.

It is odd that they now state that they have been only looking at the idea of selling residential access, when in fact they have been for 5 years or more. And only now removed it when they got the CRTC threat. 5 or more years after the fact.

Broadline is not being all that honest here. But they removed their lie, or reseller program that has been in place for 5 years or more now that the heat is on.

All very interesting. Maybe this ccts is actually doing people there some good by forcing the hand of not so honest players?

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
Brantford, ON
said by Ragnor :

According to the internet wayback archieve, Broadline Networks has been selling Bell and Telus residential internet since 2008. May have been longer. For Cable I only noticed that they stated they do Shaw.

It is odd that they now state that they have been only looking at the idea of selling residential access, when in fact they have been for 5 years or more. And only now removed it when they got the CRTC threat. 5 or more years after the fact.

Broadline is not being all that honest here. But they removed their lie, or reseller program that has been in place for 5 years or more now that the heat is on.

All very interesting. Maybe this ccts is actually doing people there some good by forcing the hand of not so honest players?

As I stated before, we were attempting to move in to the wholesale market for both DSL and Cable, however the UBB issues as well as pricing on the whole just didn't make sense for us.

Regardless of opinion or perception, we are not under the mandate of the ccts or the crtc.
--
Broadline Networks Inc.

df909

Canada
reply to twizlar
said by twizlar:

Heh, we only use them for backhaul/vlans, which isn't regulated by the CRTC. I meant that our internet services do not run via incumbent services such as GAS or TPIA.

Perhaps you're misinformed about the scope of the CCTS? By reading their FAQ it's clear that unregulated services are within their jurisdiction:

quote:
3. Are there some telecom complaints you can’t deal with?

Yes. We cannot accept complaints about services that are regulated by the CRTC.

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
Brantford, ON
said by df909:

said by twizlar:

Perhaps you're misinformed about the scope of the CCTS? By reading their FAQ it's clear that unregulated services are within their jurisdiction:

quote:
3. Are there some telecom complaints you can’t deal with?

Yes. We cannot accept complaints about services that are regulated by the CRTC.

Regulated services, meaning enforceable disconnections by the CRTC.
--
Broadline Networks Inc.

df909

Canada
reply to Ragnor
said by Ragnor :

Actually they haven't taken down their site yet. »www.broadlinedsl.com/

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to hm
You'd think the PHP errors, if not the blank pages, would indicate that site isn't for an active service.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium
Brantford, ON
said by Guspaz:

You'd think the PHP errors, if not the blank pages, would indicate that site isn't for an active service.

Indeed. Having information on a website means nothing if we aren't actually offering the service. Either way its down now, so everyone should be happy!
--
Broadline Networks Inc.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to twizlar
said by twizlar:

Thankfully it hasn't taken up any time so far as we have actively been ignoring them completely.

You may with to point the CCTS to this thread to see how well we can ignore matters

»IGNORE this thread

oh la la

@videotron.ca
said by MaynardKrebs:

You may with to point the CCTS to this thread to see how well we can ignore matters

»IGNORE this thread

LOL
Personally, I think we should all chip in to crowd-fund a professional comedian to write their reply.

A reply about nothing, since nothing they sell is enforceable by the CCTS.

This has gold written all over it.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

1 edit
reply to twizlar
At the end of the day, is a truly upstanding citizen. He really does go out of his way to provision services and make things happen.

I don't feel that he is dishonest nor lazy based on my PERSONAL dealings with him.

That is all I have to say.

Z
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to hm
Why keep his name confidential, when he's quoted by name in a Globe & Mail article on this very subject?
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

oh la la

@videotron.ca
lol good catch guspaz.

Seems BroadLine isn't the one who ignored the CCTS, as the CRTC notice states. It's the other way around.

"Howard Maker, Canada’s Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services, could not be immediately reached to provide reaction to Broadline’s allegation it has been “ignored” by his office."

This is getting funnier and funnier.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to hm
Link to article since no one posted it. »www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o···9946424/