Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to LastDon

Premium Member

to LastDon

Re: All This UBB , Usage based BS was such a waste

said by LastDon:

CRTC became useless to believe those lies.

Actually, I think we can all learn a very valuable lesson from this.

The CRTC is - I hate to say this - important. That is, when they're doing their job. The CRTC under KvF let the incumbents literally do whatever the fuck they wanted and rubber stamped everything.

The CRTC under JPB has been a completely different animal. Bell buying Astral? No! Rogers requesting arbitrary simsubs? No! The CRTC has even taken an active role in consumer protection for cell phone subscribers. They're now requiring full costing for tariff applications. The list goes on and on and on.

So really guys, as much as we all bitched about the CRTC, they have turned into our... friends... in this whole issue (I think I threw up a bit in my mouth saying that).

If the CRTC was still the same captured regulatory body that it was under KvF, *none* of what is going on now would be going on.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

We're sure due that's for sure...

I'll reserve my judgement for next week. I really do want to believe it too though.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to Gone

Anon

to Gone
said by Gone:

So really guys, as much as we all bitched about the CRTC, they have turned into our... friends... in this whole issue (I think I threw up a bit in my mouth saying that).

I threw up a little bit in your mouth too after reading that.

But yeah, there have been changes. But after 5 years of total insanity I still don't trust them. They would have to replace every commissioner for me. Keep in mind the commissioners were out of whack with reality as well. Not just KvF.

Sorry for barfing in your mouth...

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

1 recommendation

Gone to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

I'll reserve my judgement for next week. I really do want to believe it too though.

I have a friend who follows the CRTC closely, but on the broadcasting side of things. He said the change in their attitude since JPB has come to the chair has been stunning and such a polar shift that it's like nothing he has ever seen.

I'm not ready to start singing their praises just yet, but so far they have been moving in a direction that makes me quite optimistic about what things will be like in the future.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Nice. That's reassuring to hear.