how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Matco

@distributel.net

1 edit

Email Accounts/Data Lost - Need recovery/transfer ASAP

I changed from DSL to Cable Internet, I was not warned my emails would die upon cancelling DSL after changing to Cable, I though it would be associated and remain alive/transferred like Bell/Rogers/Shaw when you change services.

You'd think the system would give warning of termination or notice the email for an active service is being closed.

I have work data and a lot of account data on those emails accounts, can you transfer them to my cable account?

I emailed support@acanac.net but didn't get an automated email response... I'm guessing because it went to my account email...

My dead account is (private info removed)

I need this fixed before Monday or I'm out a lot of money.

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1

1 edit

Hi Matco

quote:
I emailed support@acanac.net
Try support@acanac.com or call in they are open 'till midnight.

Matco

@distributel.net

I sent an email to .com instead of .net and got a ticket auto response this time(didn't show up until I was mid-call). VNG-55495

Called in and told support about it, they say they're unable to help, a higher up will have to handle it... I'm sure you back up the mail server so my real concern is... will my email be back up with data by Monday morning, or else I'm in trouble.

Please send Paul a message "WHY NO TERMINATION NOTICE" Could have avoided this if I knew... wasn't careful because I've changed services with other providers before without needing to think about that.

markie58

join:2009-04-24
Chateauguay, QC

May not be lost at all.
Go to »www.acanac.ca/Login-Section.html
Scroll down to Email Creation
Enter your new creds without @cable.acanac.net to gain access.
Once in click list all accounts and edit the first one changing your dsl name to your cable one.

Matco

@distributel.net

Well I can recreate them, but no data on any of them, all accounts had some important data.
Says Status Failed for some reason...

"As you know whenever an account get terminated the email accounts will terminate too, in this case please do not worry and let it get terminated then you can create with the same addresses at the new account."
That's not a useful response.
Do you seriously not archive your mail server? If not, I'm especially not trusting it anymore... every respectable host keeps tapes or a backup array. Google's mail is free and they do both.

Matco

@distributel.net
reply to Fergless

Also, you should remove that ticket since my account info is in it... I was expecting sensitive info to get hidden as normally done...

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1

4 edits

said by Matco :

Also, you should remove that ticket since my account info is in it... I was expecting sensitive info to get hidden as normally done...

A Moderator would need to do that for you, I don't moderate here, since I'm not affiliated with DSLreports.

OR Register and edit it out yourself. No one can see the content of your ticket except Acanac Staff.