share rss forum feed

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
reply to trparky

Re: See Star Trek: TNG The Best of Both Worlds...

The Best of Both Worlds...

The first episode of the two-part episode won Emmy Awards for "Outstanding Art Direction for a Series" and "Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series".

The storyline appeared in TV Guide's "100 Most Memorable Moments in TV History" (July 1, 1996), ranked number 50. The episode was also ranked #70 on the 100 Greatest TV Episodes of All Time.

In 2008, Empire magazine rated Star Trek: The Next Generation 37th on their list of "The 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time" and cited "The Best of Both Worlds, Part II" as the show's best episode. The episode was ranked #36 on TV Guide's list of "TV's Top 100 Episodes of All Time". The two-episode arc ranked second in Entertainment Weekly's list of top 10 Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

1 recommendation

Watching that clip, I'm shocked how Frakes has age , maybe because Patrick Stewart has been in the public eye all this time , but he has barely changed since his Picard days.

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
said by elwoodblues:

Watching that clip, I'm shocked how Frakes has age , maybe because Patrick Stewart has been in the public eye all this time , but he has barely changed since his Picard days.

True, when you haven't seen someone for a long time they tend to look different. But in Frakes case he was 35 I think when he started TNG, where Stewart was 12 years older. Plus Stewart was always bald then and now so I think white/grey hair shows age more so in this case.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

rlt2562
The Wizard of Speed and Time
Premium
join:2002-12-23
Haughton, LA
kudos:1
reply to elwoodblues
In my humble opinion, I think JF looks great, same for Brent.

As for the movie tonight, I wish I could attend, but the grind job calls me in at 3am.
--
Well, I'M not The Kirk, tell ME what your function is!