spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zilch

@bhn.net

[Internet] Which modem is best suited for BHN lightning?

I am planning to buy my own modem instead of renting it.

I would like to know which one is the best modem for it.

Thanks!

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
·ooma

1 recommendation

»support.brighthouse.com/article/···ce-9109/

You can use any DOCSIS 3.0 modem on the list (there are only 3).

I have the SB6141.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

GeNomer

join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN
reply to zilch
I would recommend a Motorola SBG6580 or SB6141.

Also, I've never used the Arris TG852G, but I've used other Arris modems and they are pretty solid.

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
said by GeNomer:

Also, I've never used the Arris TG852G, but I've used other Arris modems and they are pretty solid.

Just a reminder if you want or have Static IPs you can't use your own modem's yet. But when BHN changes that Policy the only modem BHN currently uses for Static IPs is the Motorola SBG6580. I Hope that this Information helps some of you with your modem purchasing decisions going forward.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
said by bigdaddy:

said by GeNomer:

Just a reminder if you want or have Static IPs you can't use your own modem's yet. But when BHN changes that Policy the only modem BHN currently uses for Static IPs is the Motorola SBG6580. I Hope that this Information helps some of you with your modem purchasing decisions going forward.

You won't be able to use your own modem for static IP's and that's not likely to change despite your hopes bigdaddy.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

zilch

@bhn.net
whats the benefit of having a static ip?

Do you know if I have one currently? I rent from BHN at the moment.

Thanks!!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to zilch
You do not have one now and if you currently aren't using one its not likely you need one. Our IP's do not change often.

Keiro

join:2005-10-25
Bakersfield, CA
kudos:1
reply to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by bigdaddy:

said by GeNomer:

You won't be able to use your own modem for static IP's and that's not likely to change despite your hopes bigdaddy.

Damn, I was hoping at some point I'd get to use my own modem. It would be nice to have the ability to have a supported modem with static IP on a residential line...
--
Wanderer of the Stars...

ShatteredTears NOC
Managing: ShatteredTears IRC
EidolonHost