Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

razorbladebi

join:2005-04-14
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to compuguybna

Re: [Other] When is 24 months not 24 months?

Interesting... I just talked with no less than five different people at Charter who said they no longer do "rate lock" contracts (and haven't for a year or two).

I just cancelled with them after my rate went up 30% in three months (no contract). Those same five people said there was "nothing they could do that was any better than the $55/mo it will be on Feb 25,2013". Of course, I could bundle to my hearts content. I told them if they can beat my monthly rate of Netflix+Skype with their cable+phone package I'd be happy to. They then asked me when I'd like my cancellation to be effective.

NightOwl2

join:2012-03-19
I just edited my post to clarify, this offer is for a Triple Play. Nothing in regard to a lower price for internet. And it isn't called a contract, just an offered price. For base service only. Equipment is extra, DVR service, taxes, fees, all additional.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
reply to razorbladebi
the "new" price structure took place June 2012 I believe.
no "contracts" after that.

said by razorbladebi:

Interesting... I just talked with no less than five different people at Charter who said they no longer do "rate lock" contracts (and haven't for a year or two).