North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Major CRTC decision next week. - CBB

said by TSI Marc:

»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/decisions.htm

Looks like we find out next week!

I like how they take a week to announce it, and not just give us a specific day =.=

said by dillyhammer:

And within a week 3 major incumbents and 1 indie - all parties to those decisions - announce unlimited internet.

Incredible.

Does something bloody stink to high heaven or what?

Mike

What? Who? There's Rogers and Bell...

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10

said by geokilla:

What? Who? There's Rogers and Bell...

Videotron. TSI.

Mike

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by dillyhammer:

TSI.

They've always had unlimited on Cogeco. Teksavvy's aggregate plans are identical to what they sold in Chatham.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

2 edits

said by Gone:

said by dillyhammer:

TSI.

They've always had unlimited on Cogeco.

Teksavvy's aggregate plans are identical to what they sold in Chatham.

Has there been a formal announcement from TSI to state that such packages and prices are to be offered to everyone else in Cogeco-Land, or are you just quoting from the TSI website's not yet updated Chatham rate pages ?

AFAIK, Marc has not nailed anything down yet for us, regarding new cable packages and prices.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

said by Davesnothere:

Has there been a formal announcement from TSI to state that such packages and prices are to be offered to everyone else in Cogeco-Land, or are you just quoting from the TSI website's not yet updated Chatham rate pages ?

AFAIK, Marc has not nailed anything down yet for us, regarding new cable packages and prices.

I suppose nothing has been formalized but there was a semi-formal announcement stating unlimited would be offered in Cogeco's entire Ontario footprint.

Their Chatham cable offering was too small a sample to consider anything more than a beta.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

My plan was to always stay with an independent ISP but now Bell says Fibe TV will be available here in the next few months. This is a dilemma for me. If I can get Fibe TV and keep my TSI internet that would be perfect. I'm a little tired of the satellite.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

said by Mike2009:

My plan was to always stay with an independent ISP but now Bell says Fibe TV will be available here in the next few months. This is a dilemma for me. If I can get Fibe TV and keep my TSI internet that would be perfect. I'm a little tired of the satellite.

[GULP] Do business with Bell? Like, actually get a bill from them? The lyin-est cheatin'est stealin-est company on the planet?

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by dillyhammer:

said by Mike2009:

[GULP] Do business with Bell? Like, actually get a bill from them? The lyin-est cheatin'est stealin-est company on the planet?

Mike

I still have home phone and satellite with them.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to dillyhammer

said by dillyhammer:

[GULP] Do business with Bell? Like, actually get a bill from them?

The lyin-est cheatin'est stealin-est company on the planet this side of the Pecos ? Mike

There - That's how Yosemite Sam woulda said it.

EDIT : Geez, my typing sux this morn !

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!
reply to Mike2009

said by Mike2009:

I still have home phone and satellite with them [BH#$ELL].

We will pray for your soul.

Toutes ensemble, maintenant....

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to Mike2009

said by Mike2009:

Just remember that Bell's definition of a "few months" has, on occasion, been several years.

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by bt:

said by Mike2009:

Just remember that Bell's definition of a "few months" has, on occasion, been several years.

The official announcement for Fibe TV in Ottawa was made last week and it says this year. When I called they told me in the spring. Previously I got answers like 2-3 years. We'll see. No big deal either way.

RicHSAD

join:2003-07-16
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

Offering unlimited could just be a way for them to increase their ARPU. It gives a reason to the users to go for 3+ services and I suspect a lot of low-usage people will end up paying the 10$ just for the peace of mind.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

Maybe but then they can offer better bundles where ARPU really matters and they can lock in customers. They don't care so much about individual services even though it does add to the ARPU.

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

said by Mike2009:

I still have home phone and satellite with them [BH#$ELL].

We will pray for your soul.

Toutes ensemble, maintenant....

Thanks, much appreciated!

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to Mike2009

said by Mike2009:

The official announcement for Fibe TV in Ottawa was made last week and it says this year. When I called they told me in the spring. Previously I got answers like 2-3 years. We'll see. No big deal either way.

Ottawa only just got Fibe TV? Wow. St. Cats has had it for the last several months, and it blankets just about every part of the city I have ever checked.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere:

Yes he did. Look harder

That will probably all change next week, though.

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

said by Mike2009:

Ottawa only just got Fibe TV? Wow. St. Cats has had it for the last several months, and it blankets just about every part of the city I have ever checked.

Not yet but it's coming this year.

»www.obj.ca/Canada%20-%20World/20···ibe-TV/1

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Bell must be moving along the QEW away from Toronto then. Hamilton and Stoney Creek got it a few months before St. Cats, and now pockets of Niagara Falls are starting to show up with 25/10 which tends to be a precursor. We'll see.

I also haven't been able to find a single area of St. Cats that can't get 50/10, either. Pretty wild considering that the entire city had no broadband options at all until 2000 when the rest of the urban province was playing with cable modems for 3-4 years prior.

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1

I live in Ottawa and 50/10 is availible to me for months now.