share rss forum feed

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to mikedz4

Re: iGuide A30

said by mikedz4:

my box did it again today. The listings past tonight say to be announced. I know I accidentally powered off the dvr last night but nothing happened to the slave box to make it lose it's listings too.
I'm thinking they added new hd channels 3 weeks ago and that might be keeping capacity for the guide down.
I'm guessing at this rate we won't ever see x1 or future products here.

Check to see if it did a database purge or a reboot.
MENU/MENU/Setup/Cable Box Setup/Configuration.
On the configuration screen, hit the FAV key.
The first screen will list the system up time and DB run time. If they are the same, then you had a full reboot. If the DB time is less, it did a purge.
If you hit the FAV key 2 more times, it will go to the DB statistics screen. That will list how often it has purged.

For me, it mainly appears to be happening Sunday night/Monday morning.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast

db and system time is 1:04:33. Is that 1 hour 4 minutes and 33 seconds or 1 day 4 hours and 33 minutes.
Last reclaim 2/16 8:37
last triage: none

content: 742 slots, control id:53, avg gap 62, avg tbas 126, show/info levels: 0/0

reclaimed 18 show, 0 fixups, 11 packs, 0msgs
purge state: none since reset

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

said by mikedz4:

db and system time is 1:04:33. Is that 1 hour 4 minutes and 33 seconds or 1 day 4 hours and 33 minutes.
Last reclaim 2/16 8:37
last triage: none

content: 742 slots, control id:53, avg gap 62, avg tbas 126, show/info levels: 0/0

reclaimed 18 show, 0 fixups, 11 packs, 0msgs
purge state: none since reset

That is day:hour:minute format. So it was fully rebooted just over a day ago. You had no purge or database reset.

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

what would've caused it to reboot?

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL

Who knows. It could have been a firmware update, a configuration update, a forced reboot due to other known issues, or just the box crashing.