uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dreamwiser3

join:2009-12-18
Hamilton, ON
reply to tristen1230

Re: IS Cogeco going to offer unlimited

said by tristen1230:

By the way I doubt Cogeco will. Cogeco does not really have big competition between the other big internet companies. Cogeco has a large territories which they are making more on overages then they probably would with offering unlimited. All in all in my opinion no.

I agree 100%
The only way Gougco will offer anything unlimited is if they are FORCED.

RedMageX

join:2011-10-06
Oakville, ON
reply to Hamilton1
said by Hamilton1:

I'd love to see the CRTC open up cable and allow the customer to pick Cogeco, Rogers and even allow others like Comcast or any other company that wants to offer cable in Canada, maybe then the customer would finally have some say.

Forget Comcast, let's get Google Fiber internet in Canada! Gigibit connection, unlimited bandwith...Now that's my kind of internet.

Just imagine downloading at 1000Mbps, HD movie in MINUTES

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by RedMageX:

Just imagine downloading at 1000Mbps, HD movie linux iso in MINUTES

Fixed.

Mike

DeViLzzz

join:2004-07-29
Sarnia, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Cdnmoose
Cogeco will not be offering unlimited. I had this confirmed by employees of their's promoting Cogeco in the Lambton Mall in Sarnia yesterday.

Now they talked of improved usage for people and talked of one of services going away (one of the mid ones people actually pick) but hard to believe usage will be better when what I see is worse than what I had grandfathered at one point with them.

Cogeco you will likely be losing my one last service soon which is my cable tv and I hope others will get rid of Cogeco services to make a statement.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by DeViLzzz:

Cogeco will not be offering unlimited. I had this confirmed by employees of their's promoting Cogeco in the Lambton Mall in Sarnia yesterday.

If Cogeco does have any plans in the works, the front-line staff at a mall storefront or the roaming promo crew would be the last to find out.

They're probably right, though.

DeViLzzz

join:2004-07-29
Sarnia, ON

1 edit
Uh no they were really to the point on that fact. Trust me we will not be getting unlimited anytime soon and thank goodness I have another option other than them for internet.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
What someone in sales is told today does not mean that they won't be told something completely different tomorrow. Cogeco has a history of employees being adament that something is not going on only for the information they received to either change or be completely incorrect. Always remember that.

But, as I said, you're probably right. I wouldn't be holding my breath over this. Not because someone in a mall you you so, but rather because Cogeco is a backwood company run by a backwood family that can't even attempt to keep up with any of their bigger cousins in the country with any of their products. Such a shame.

BoxerJoe

join:2007-08-14
Hamilton, ON
Agreed. I worked for Bell for 3 years in their prime que (people who like hitting 0 when they got Emily). We were all the last to know about changes, we would get a notice the day of as to what is changing for the customers. Even stuff that we were told would never change got changed throughout my time with Bell. I'm sure it'd be the same at Cogeco. Believe what you want, unless it is in writing from their CEO than take whatever you are told with a grain of salt as it really means nothing.