Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by dillyhammer:

TSI.

They've always had unlimited on Cogeco. Teksavvy's aggregate plans are identical to what they sold in Chatham.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

2 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Gone:

said by dillyhammer:

TSI.

They've always had unlimited on Cogeco.

Teksavvy's aggregate plans are identical to what they sold in Chatham.

Has there been a formal announcement from TSI to state that such packages and prices are to be offered to everyone else in Cogeco-Land, or are you just quoting from the TSI website's not yet updated Chatham rate pages ?

AFAIK, Marc has not nailed anything down yet for us, regarding new cable packages and prices.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

Has there been a formal announcement from TSI to state that such packages and prices are to be offered to everyone else in Cogeco-Land, or are you just quoting from the TSI website's not yet updated Chatham rate pages ?

AFAIK, Marc has not nailed anything down yet for us, regarding new cable packages and prices.

I suppose nothing has been formalized but there was a semi-formal announcement stating unlimited would be offered in Cogeco's entire Ontario footprint.

Their Chatham cable offering was too small a sample to consider anything more than a beta.

Mike

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009

My plan was to always stay with an independent ISP but now Bell says Fibe TV will be available here in the next few months. This is a dilemma for me. If I can get Fibe TV and keep my TSI internet that would be perfect. I'm a little tired of the satellite.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

said by Mike2009:

My plan was to always stay with an independent ISP but now Bell says Fibe TV will be available here in the next few months. This is a dilemma for me. If I can get Fibe TV and keep my TSI internet that would be perfect. I'm a little tired of the satellite.

[GULP] Do business with Bell? Like, actually get a bill from them? The lyin-est cheatin'est stealin-est company on the planet?

Mike

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009

said by dillyhammer:

said by Mike2009:

[GULP] Do business with Bell? Like, actually get a bill from them? The lyin-est cheatin'est stealin-est company on the planet?

Mike

I still have home phone and satellite with them.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to dillyhammer

Premium Member

to dillyhammer
said by dillyhammer:

[GULP] Do business with Bell? Like, actually get a bill from them?

The lyin-est cheatin'est stealin-est company on the planet this side of the Pecos ? Mike

There - That's how Yosemite Sam woulda said it.

EDIT : Geez, my typing sux this morn !
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

I still have home phone and satellite with them [BH#$ELL].

We will pray for your soul.

Toutes ensemble, maintenant....
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to Mike2009

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

Just remember that Bell's definition of a "few months" has, on occasion, been several years.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009

said by bt:

said by Mike2009:

Just remember that Bell's definition of a "few months" has, on occasion, been several years.

The official announcement for Fibe TV in Ottawa was made last week and it says this year. When I called they told me in the spring. Previously I got answers like 2-3 years. We'll see. No big deal either way.
RicHSAD
join:2003-07-16
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

RicHSAD

Offering unlimited could just be a way for them to increase their ARPU. It gives a reason to the users to go for 3+ services and I suspect a lot of low-usage people will end up paying the 10$ just for the peace of mind.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Maybe but then they can offer better bundles where ARPU really matters and they can lock in customers. They don't care so much about individual services even though it does add to the ARPU.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

said by Mike2009:

I still have home phone and satellite with them [BH#$ELL].

We will pray for your soul.

Toutes ensemble, maintenant....

Thanks, much appreciated!

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Mike2009

Premium Member

to Mike2009
said by Mike2009:

The official announcement for Fibe TV in Ottawa was made last week and it says this year. When I called they told me in the spring. Previously I got answers like 2-3 years. We'll see. No big deal either way.

Ottawa only just got Fibe TV? Wow. St. Cats has had it for the last several months, and it blankets just about every part of the city I have ever checked.
Gone

Gone to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

Yes he did. Look harder

That will probably all change next week, though.

Mike2009
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by Mike2009:

Ottawa only just got Fibe TV? Wow. St. Cats has had it for the last several months, and it blankets just about every part of the city I have ever checked.

Not yet but it's coming this year.

»www.obj.ca/Canada%20-%20 ··· ibe-TV/1

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Bell must be moving along the QEW away from Toronto then. Hamilton and Stoney Creek got it a few months before St. Cats, and now pockets of Niagara Falls are starting to show up with 25/10 which tends to be a precursor. We'll see.

I also haven't been able to find a single area of St. Cats that can't get 50/10, either. Pretty wild considering that the entire city had no broadband options at all until 2000 when the rest of the urban province was playing with cable modems for 3-4 years prior.
mikee
join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON

mikee

I live in Ottawa and 50/10 is availible to me for months now.