share rss forum feed

nathanroe72
I love torque

join:2010-01-15
Senecaville, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream

Internet is slow during non-peak hours? Post speedtest here!

We've got a thread for reporting our speed during "peak hours" but needed one for "non peak hours" as of late.

Let's get the snowball rolling:

--
WS is all about Money Talks, BS Walks. The customer gets screwed from both directions (billed and taxed) so the C-Level riffraff get the tailored suits, chauffeured cars,
fine hotels and big cigars. Newsflash: Network is still broke!

jrw0669

join:2010-06-10
Cornelia, GA

This is typical for me.

Slipen

join:2010-04-18
Cairo, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

3PM on a Saturday it was even worse this morning at a little after 8AM.

I've tried to get atleast 2 or 3 BG in on wow and a game or 2 of NCAA13, not happening with this.

JemezKen

join:2012-10-01
Jemez Springs, NM
reply to nathanroe72

JemezKen

join:2012-10-01
Jemez Springs, NM
reply to nathanroe72

The last test was actually a good one. This is more typical -

Piggie
I Actually use Windstream
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Orange Springs, FL
Reviews:
·Windstream
·HughesNet Satell..

You can see the church goers here on this test about 8:30 am on Sunday. Since everyone headed for Church it's gone back to full speed, but this is another new primetime, Sunday morning before Church.

--
| Speedstream 4200 Modem - 3m/384 plan | W98-W2KSP4-XPSP2 - All AMD | Buffalo WHR G54S with Tomato 1.18 | 3 downstream switches feeding 6 total clients (no wireless) | Including the Data port on the side of my neck |

AZinOH

join:2007-04-25
Swanton, OH
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

kosmickuntry

join:2002-03-06
Toccoa, GA
reply to nathanroe72

This is a Sunday afternoon. Our problem was supposed to be resolved on Feb 8th and I was to get a courtesy call to make sure. It ain't fixed and I got no call. Par for the course.

ecto_glob

join:2013-01-01
Sanford, NC
reply to nathanroe72

Can't play Guild Wars 2 with a ping this bad. So sick of this shit. Its been going on for months here and not a damn thing has been done.

Piggie
Premium
Orange Springs, FL

Sunday night at 6:20 pm

auraxoxo

join:2012-12-11
Sheridan, AR

Sunday 9pm

Piggie
Premium
Orange Springs, FL

This is not peak, it's 4am. Yet my ping is through the roof. Otherwise normal for this time.

nathanroe72
I love torque

Senecaville, OH
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

Yes Windstream, as you can see here, there is a problem in the mornings. Better 'coin' a new term for it... "Extended Hours Latency Outage"

--
WS is all about Money Talks, BS Walks. The customer gets screwed from both directions (billed and taxed) so the C-Level riffraff get the tailored suits, chauffeured cars, fine hotels and big cigars. Newsflash: Network is still broke!

Slipen

Cairo, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

5PM today

AZinOH

join:2007-04-25
Swanton, OH
Reviews:
·Windstream

6:20PM ET

nathanroe72
I love torque

Senecaville, OH
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

dmwalker24

join:2013-02-05
Hico, TX
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

This is after about two weeks and 2 responses on the windstream direct forum telling me to expect an update from the "engineers".

That is after multiple calls to tech support telling me to expect a call back with an update from "engineers".

I'm so sick of this sh*t I'm about to have some kind of apoplectic meltdown. No other providers available to create market competition for customers. No interest on the part of windstream to fix their busted ass network. No legal recourse since they don't guarantee anything.

I feel somewhat guilty for raging at the technicians because I know they are either oblivious or powerless. Nothing at this point would make me happier than half an hour alone with one of the slick suited pricks running this joke of a company in a room with no windows.

dmwalker24

join:2013-02-05
Hico, TX
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

I'm wondering if there might be a basis for a legal challenge to what windstream is up to...

On the grounds that for 3 years I had the 1.5Mb I'm paying for, only to have windstream sell part of that 1.5Mb to one or more other customers and now at least 2 but perhaps several people are paying for the same 1.5Mb and none of us are getting it.

Isn't there a term for selling the same asset to multiple customers knowing full well that they wont be able to take advantage of the asset they purchased???

Oh yeah it's called "Fraud". Not quite a ponzi scheme but pretty close.

ecto_glob

Sanford, NC
reply to nathanroe72

I called to complain again yesterday. They didn't give a shit. No eta on any kind of fix.

smccloud

join:2012-06-05
Becker, MN
reply to nathanroe72

My speed test when no one else is even home.

Also, my line monitor. Every day from 01:03-01:33 my Internet goes down for some stupid reason.

Maar

join:2009-04-09
Story, AR
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

4:49pm

Maar

join:2009-04-09
Story, AR

Called my neighbor and his speed is DL .07 and UL .20

Slipen

Cairo, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Maar

6:02PM EST

ecto_glob

Sanford, NC
reply to nathanroe72

I'm on dialup! Oh wait. No I'm not! This just the quality of service you get from Windstream.

malianx

join:2012-11-24
Clarendon, TX
reply to nathanroe72

9:18 AM

foxsnipr

join:2008-08-17
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

Speed Test #104119117 by dslreports.com
Run: 2013-02-21 19:17:39 EST
Download: 575 (Kbps)
Upload: 725 (Kbps)
In kilobytes per second: 70.2 down 88.5 up
Tested by server: 56 java
User: 1574553 @ dslreports.com
User's DNS: windstream.net
Compared to the average of 30 tests from windstream.net:
* download is 69% worse, upload is 18% better

Dealing with Tech support and not getting any answers

paying for 12mb down and this is the best they have. Sent email to CEO of Windstream...nothing. If had a good alternative would switch.

ecto_glob

Sanford, NC
reply to nathanroe72

My connection is fucking horrible. Horrible latency, horrible download speeds. What am I supposed to do? There's no other isp available out here besides fucking Hughesnet and you can't play games online with that trash.

evo

@windstream.net
reply to nathanroe72

Slipen

Cairo, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Slipen

3PM today, its raining outside so I figured I would catch up on some shows on Hulu... Guess I was wrong.

Bobec
No Stooge
Premium
join:2001-01-04
Jefferson, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to nathanroe72

After a letter to Jeff Gardner (from me and from many,many others in my subdivision) it seems that last Thursday night Windstream did an "upgrade to the backhaul from Braselton to Commerce" and speeds/latency have almost returned to normal for my 12MB service. I'll keep an eye on it and continue to test at various times throughout the week.
--
Just because you are a character doesn't mean that you have character....