join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

[Anveo] unable to send outbound fax

I have been attempting to send an outbound fax through their website, but I get this error:

"We are sorry, but there was an error processing your FAX.
Please try again later."

This has happened the last several times that I have tried to send a fax.

Any thoughts on how I can get this working?
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

I just sent myself (Anveo -> VoxOx) a trivial fax with no error.

You can send a short fax via any of these free services:
»faxzero.com/
»www.gotfreefax.com/
»www.freefaxbutton.com/fr ··· hine.php

You can test Anveo outbound for your content by sending to a free VoxOx account or to your own Anveo account.

You might try sending your recipient a minimal test fax to see whether it's content related.

Otherwise, there is probably an incompatibility between Anveo and the recipient's server -- open a ticket and they will likely find and fix the trouble.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by Stewart:

I just sent myself (Anveo -> VoxOx) a trivial fax with no error.

You can send a short fax via any of these free services:
»faxzero.com/
»www.gotfreefax.com/
»www.freefaxbutton.com/fr ··· hine.php

You can test Anveo outbound for your content by sending to a free VoxOx account or to your own Anveo account.

You might try sending your recipient a minimal test fax to see whether it's content related.

Otherwise, there is probably an incompatibility between Anveo and the recipient's server -- open a ticket and they will likely find and fix the trouble.

Well I am glad that your Anveo account is working. Also, thanks for the suggestions on 'free' faxing services. But, I want to use Anveo because I don't want ads on the cover page.

I just tried faxing a different number now and I am still getting the same error message. The fax does not even try to send, I just keep clicking on the 'preview' button, then get the error message before I have the opportunity to send the fax.

I suspect the problem is related to my account.
Stewart

Stewart to crazyk4952

to crazyk4952
On the free fax services, if you don't use their cover page (but include that info in your document), there is no ad. You can check by first sending to yourself.

I suspect that the problem you are having with Anveo is related to your content, not your account. If you are sending a PDF, check the paper size (should be letter or A4), make sure that any "strange" fonts are embedded, etc. If it's not a PDF, try converting to a PDF and sending that. If no luck, try converting to a TIFF.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by Stewart:

I suspect that the problem you are having with Anveo is related to your content, not your account. If you are sending a PDF, check the paper size (should be letter or A4), make sure that any "strange" fonts are embedded, etc. If it's not a PDF, try converting to a PDF and sending that. If no luck, try converting to a TIFF.

OK, I tried a different PDF and it worked fine. I am not sure why the original PDF that I was trying to send did not work. It was a one page Excel file that I saved as a PDF. The font is a pretty common one (Calibri).

I have converted it to a TIFF and I get an error message stating that it is not a valid attachment file when trying to upload it to Anveo.
Stewart

Stewart

Anveo seems to have a trivial bug -- change the name of your file so the extension is .tif rather than .tiff and it works fine.

On the PDF, I don't know. Starting from a blank workbook in Excel 2010, I entered numbers in a1, a2, b1, b2 and did a Save As Adobe PDF. The fax came through ok.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by Stewart:

Anveo seems to have a trivial bug -- change the name of your file so the extension is .tif rather than .tiff and it works fine.

On the PDF, I don't know. Starting from a blank workbook in Excel 2010, I entered numbers in a1, a2, b1, b2 and did a Save As Adobe PDF. The fax came through ok.

OK, I changed the extension from .TIFF to .TIF and it allowed me to send this through.

I tried re-saving the Excel file as a PDF and it still gives me the same error message. I've tried changing the font and this did not help either! Well, at least I got the TIF to work!