how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cyberjudge

@cgocable.net

[TV] Cogeco Pace DC550D

Hello,
I purchased a Pace DC550D from costco. I previously had a Cogeco tech over doing some work and he mentioned with this receiver there is actually a way to convert it to a pvr by hooking up an external drive and doing a software update on the digital box. I can see the box does have PVR capability because when I hit the PVR button on the cogeco remote, a message comes up saying it is disabled. I have not been able to find instructions how to enable the PVR on this box, anybody know how to do this. I'm assuming the Technician that told me this wasn't joking. He just couldn't go in to details about it.

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1
Sorry, but the tech must have been a contractor installer talking out his rear end. Not possible, and will not work with Cogeco equipment.

Cyberjudge

@cgocable.net
Thanks for the response coaxguy. It was the answer I was expecting. I didn't purchase the DC550D for the purpose of converting to PVR so it wasn't a huge deal, I just figured I would look in to it since the tech mentioned it. As a side note, I do believe the tech was a direct Cogeco tech. He was driving the new Cogeco vans (the ones that look smaller then a normal van). Doesn't matter, gave me something to research for a day anyways.

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1
The ice cream truck, lol.

Yeah not possible, infact the USB port is disabled in the software for the boxes. Only Bell offers a converted PVR function.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by coaxguy:

Yeah not possible, infact the USB port is disabled in the software for the boxes. Only Bell offers a converted PVR function.

Shaw Direct is supposed to be releasing a firmware for the 605 that will allow an eSATA hard drive to be hooked up converting it to a PVR. 9.15 starts rolling out on the 18th, and it might finally include that functionality but no one knows for sure.