spc
uniqs

rtutt
@184.151.190.x

rtutt to awto

Anon

to awto

Re: [DSL] not reliable

I'm having the exact same issue as op. I subscibed to the TekSavvy DSL service in South Oshawa on the 1st of February and I've been encountering the exact same problems. From ~8pm-~noon I have no problems with the network, but then afternon hits and my DSL connection keeps dropping. TekSavvy was extremely unhelpful on the phone and I'm dying to know what's going on.

ANY help would be extremely welcome.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

Hello rtutt,

Could you please post your account info in the direct forum here: »/forum ··· avdirect so we can look into this issue with you? I'm sorry to hear you haven't had much luck with our tech support over the phone but we'll be more than happy to have another look.

Thank you,
Keith
GDavis5
join:2013-05-11
Oshawa, ON

GDavis5 to rtutt

to rtutt
Did they resolve you issue?

I have been having the same problem since I signed on with them.

Even worse when it rains.

rtutt
@teksavvy.com

rtutt

Anon

Yes, it's been resolved. A tech came over to my house and detected a short in the line, probably from something coming into contact with the wire intermittently. He re-wired the line inside the house from the external jack and made a new connection inside the house to my modem and I've had absolutely no service interruptions since.

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10 to GDavis5

to GDavis5
said by GDavis5:

Even worse when it rains.

Do you have HBELL 'underground' wiring to the demarc ?

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to rtutt

Premium Member

to rtutt
said by rtutt :

Yes, it's been resolved. A tech came over to my house and detected a short in the line, probably from something coming into contact with the wire intermittently. He re-wired the line inside the house from the external jack and made a new connection inside the house to my modem and I've had absolutely no service interruptions since.

Do you have wirecare? If not they advised you i'm assuming of the $90 fee right? Internal wiring is charged i believe.

I also wanted to give you a thumbs up for coming here and admitting it was a short in the line. Many would have just walked away and never heard a word from again about the issue