how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JayMan 007

join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA

Where is Starz Play for FiOS

I finally found the Starz app for on demand on ipad, but verizon FiOS is not one of the providers.

What gives? We have access to the others, HBO, Max, Epix, Showtime.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by JayMan 007:

I finally found the Starz app for on demand on ipad, but verizon FiOS is not one of the providers.

Starz and Epix on demand are available through the My FiOS app on the Android as part of the on-demand function. They may be available on the iPad MyFiOs app (or whatever it's called for iPad) too. Perhaps Verizon chose this route for the Starz on demand function rather than how they do HBOGo, etc. (a separate app).

viedttg

@verizon.net

said by PJL:

said by JayMan 007:

Starz and Epix on demand are available through the My FiOS app on the Android as part of the on-demand function. They may be available on the iPad MyFiOs app (or whatever it's called for iPad) too. Perhaps Verizon chose this route for the Starz on demand function rather than how they do HBOGo, etc. (a separate app).

Do you mean the Verizon Media Manager app for Android?

The My FiOS app is for more administrative functions like paying bills and email. This app is also a launcher for other Verizon apps like Digital Voice, Remote, Home Control, and Media Manager.

All of the above apps do not have to be installed together. You can install them in whatever combination that you want to use.

Speaking of the Media Manager, has anybody used it? What is your opinion? Good or bad?

PJL

Long Beach, CA

Yes I meant the Media Manager app for Android. I tend to you the MyFiOS "portal" to access all of the functionality of the suite of apps.

I've uses the Media Manager app. To use, the device can NOT be rooted. I've used an app to temporarily hide root on my tablet (Hide My Root). It plays trailers okay, but wouldn't play Starz full movies. But the last time I used the app it wouldn't "unhide" root and I had to do a system recovery. So I've learned and un installed the Media Manager app.

Oh and the remote control function is currently broken for Jelly Bean devices. A fix is supposedly in the works.

By I digress from the intent of this thread...

Reyr

join:2009-01-03
Wilmington, DE
reply to JayMan 007

I have no issues running the remote control on my GS3 running Jelly Bean.

PJL

Long Beach, CA

said by Reyr:

I have no issues running the remote control on my GS3 running Jelly Bean.

You are lucky then. There are many complaints about this on the Verizon's own forum.

WebCobbler

@verizon.net
reply to JayMan 007

It is finally available to FiOS customers. This and Encore Play as well.

IT was just announced

JayMan 007

join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA

Thanks. Confirmed this works