spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

serg2009

join:2009-07-17

DSL connection constant issues - Tech's can't solve issue.

I have DSL, 4-5 bars on wireless, limited interference. I've addressed this issue many times with tech support by phone or a few times through direct support. The moment I'm on skype, browsing or any type of connection, I'll have issues. The internet will completely cut out or slow down to a crawl.

I keep getting the ring around with tech support. We've done every test. I'm starting to get displeased with my service.

The techs always say there's nothing wrong with my connection, line. Why is it that everything works fine, on numerous connected devices for long periods, days at a time. Then I start getting massive connection issues.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Post your line stats.

serg2009

join:2009-07-17

3 edits
reply to serg2009
How do you obtain line stats.

kyip87

join:2009-07-27
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to serg2009
Sounds similar to a problem I'm having too but it doesn't always happen for me, its pretty random. My connection starts acting up sometimes when I make a call on skype but I'm usually gaming at the sametime, this started recently for me so I think it might have something to do with either my modem or router dying. Good luck post back if you find a fix

mactalla

join:2008-02-19
kudos:1
reply to serg2009
said by serg2009:

How do you obtain line stats.

That depends on your modem.

What modem & router do you use?

Cloneman

join:2002-08-29
Montreal
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Fibe
reply to serg2009
You can request line stats in the direct forum... or review your previous postings in there, they might have already given them to you.

Otherwise they may be available in your modem's page, although need to hookup directly (no router) to get a reading.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to serg2009
said by serg2009:

I've addressed this issue many times with tech support by phone or a few times through direct support.

I'm unable to find posts by yourself in the Direct Forum. Would you be able to tell me if you have change usernames recently? I'd like to take a look at the line.

Thanks,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

taraf

join:2011-05-07
Stittsville, ON
reply to serg2009
said by serg2009:

I have DSL, 4-5 bars on wireless, limited interference. I've addressed this issue many times with tech support by phone or a few times through direct support. The moment I'm on skype, browsing or any type of connection, I'll have issues. The internet will completely cut out or slow down to a crawl.

I keep getting the ring around with tech support. We've done every test. I'm starting to get displeased with my service.

The techs always say there's nothing wrong with my connection, line. Why is it that everything works fine, on numerous connected devices for long periods, days at a time. Then I start getting massive connection issues.

Have you tried wired?

I'm leaning towards the suggestion that it's your router, too... either that, or there's some kind of wireless interference that's not there all the time.

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to serg2009
Have you considered that your system might be compromised/unstable?

A simple test: Run Ubuntu off a CD/USB (don't install it) - test the connection there. If everything works fine - the problem is your system. If it still has issues, try a different computer. Could be a bad network card or cable.