how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Gandalf4503

join:2002-06-27
Cohoes, NY
reply to gambothell

Re: [Rant] UPS delivery will not ring the doorbell

UPS has, for the most part, been pretty decent. I live in a house converted to two apartments, and my mailbox is in the back of the house (it's parallel to the street so it's not hard to get to the back) just inside the door and they almost always go there and drop the package inside of the apartment.

Now, if I ever order something that needs a signature, well, that's a different story. It's near impossible to predict when they show up (never at the same time) and I've never once heard them knock.

Then again, I'm one of those people with a broken doorbell, so perhaps they have rang it and I never heard it. But, even so, if something ends up requiring a signature I'm pretty much guaranteed to have to sign the note they leave and just stick it to the door for the next day. I live in a safe neighborhood and have never had any packages stolen, nor have I felt unsafe in having them delivered normally, however.

With all that being said, USPS is something else entirely. They are lazy as hell, ignore my notes, and refuse to walk up the 10 stairs to my door on the 2nd floor and knock. There's no way I can stand out in an unheated area waiting for them during the winter, and during the weekdays I'm obviously working. I try to avoid USPS at all costs, but sometimes I don't have a choice, and it usually results in me having to go pick up the package at the post office. Always a bad experience too.