spc
Search similar:

uniqs
int
join:2005-05-11
Montreal, QC

int

Bell Fibe - Advice Needed Concerning Billing

I signed up for Bell Fibe when I moved into my downtown condo last summer. I was told there was a special promotion for the first 6 months, and that from month 7 and on, I would have to pay an extra ~$13/mth. I got the full bundle (basic phone, 50/50 Internet and TV a la carte 15).

My first bill (July - August) including all extras (installation fee/whatever) was: $189.74
My second bill (August - Sept) was: $95.71
(after the second month, we added TMN for $13/mth)
My third bill (Sept - Oct) was: $126.14
My fourth bill (Oct to Nov) was: $111.03
My fifth bill (Nov to Dec) was: $110.94
(we added time shift for $3/mth and sports for $5/mth)
My sixth bill (Dec to Jan) was suddenly: $148.48
My seventh bill (Jan - Feb) just received is: $175.88

I have heard horror stories for years about Bell and billing, but went with them anyway to get the fastest possible internet. $175/mth later, I'm regretting my decision so badly.

Someone who knows the Bell bundles/deals, can you please tell me if the variance in price is normal, and if not, what do I do/what should I subscribe to exactly? I only need Internet and TV, got the phone because they told me it would be cheaper to get the phone line with the savings that came with it (phone line which is suddenly $30/mth instead of $20 as it was originally) than to not get it at all.

Need some advice please!
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225

There was a rate hike on Jan 1, 2013 of approximately $3/service and $3 per TV add-on, like a la carte 10-30. This might explain part of the hike and promos coming to an end. There might be an ongoing retention's offer for phone at $14.95.

If you look at your paper bill, or the PDF version, you will see the costs itemized and tax so you can track down what increased.
int
Montreal, QC

int

Thanks, I see the breakdown on my e-bill and know there were mistakes made (or at least changes I was never advised of); I just can't ever seem to get home early enough to call before they close, and want to make sure I get it right when I finally get the chance to speak with them.

Did not know about the rake hikes, so thanks for that.

Can someone who knows Bell offers well suggest something that includes only TV (with 2 receivers rented) and Internet (even if it's not the 50/50) keeping me under $100/mth? I want something ongoing and not something that will change 6 months from now =/
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by int:

Thanks, I see the breakdown on my e-bill and know there were mistakes made (or at least changes I was never advised of); I just can't ever seem to get home early enough to call before they close, and want to make sure I get it right when I finally get the chance to speak with them.

Did not know about the rake hikes, so thanks for that.

Can someone who knows Bell offers well suggest something that includes only TV (with 2 receivers rented) and Internet (even if it's not the 50/50) keeping me under $100/mth? I want something ongoing and not something that will change 6 months from now =/

You can't call bell anytime between 8am to 9pm???????
turbohonda
join:2011-01-30

turbohonda

said by kovy7 See Profile

he probably can but who has 40min to and hour of time during the day to sit on the phone to talk to bell....and that's the minimum amount of time required to "try" and get it sorted out.

i to seem to be having the same billing issues....its been ongoing for years....i will most likely cancel everything in the near future...im tired of useless incompetence....
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by turbohonda:

said by kovy7 See Profile

he probably can but who has 40min to and hour of time during the day to sit on the phone to talk to bell....and that's the minimum amount of time required to "try" and get it sorted out.

i to seem to be having the same billing issues....its been ongoing for years....i will most likely cancel everything in the near future...im tired of useless incompetence....

I guess I'm just lucky then...
int
Montreal, QC

int to turbohonda

to turbohonda
I actually didn't know the hours were 8:00AM to 9:00PM. I thought it was more like 8:00AM to 5:00PM.

In case this helps anyone in a similar situation in the future, I'm going to post the remainder of my Bell experience with this billing issue:

--
I called yesterday (Sunday), spent exactly 53 minutes on the phone with them, and got $30 or so credited due to 'mistakes' on the past 2 bills -- should have been more, but I would have had to spend a LOT longer on the phone going over every item line-by-line. I also got them to extend by 6 month promotion to 12 months, promise me a bill of $121.93+tax ($6.65 more in 4 months after the 6 month TMN promotion ends) for the next 12 months including:
a) 50/50 internet with unlimited bandwidth
b) tv including basic, a la carte 15, TMN, timeshift and 1 HD sports package (TSN)
c) home phone.

Not the best deal ever, but the unlimited bandwidth (regularly $30/mth, for $10/mth extra) is pretty good, and a bill under $150 with TMN and some other add-ons is decent.
--

Thanks for the suggestions and (at least the useful) posts above =)