Search similar:

uniqs
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

[OOL] How do you get new customer pricing?

How long do you have to wait after you cancel service until you can get new customer promo pricing? I am interested in internet only.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

At least 90 days, I believe...

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon to JoeSchmoe007

to JoeSchmoe007
If you have another household member with a different last name, you should be able to sign up right away.
Ricanlegend
join:2011-05-18
Bronx, NY

Ricanlegend to JoeSchmoe007

to JoeSchmoe007
If you have family member with social security number you can do it every year, I used my sister and mom previously havent had a problem the last 3 years

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx to JoeSchmoe007

to JoeSchmoe007
They keep sending me a triple play $84.99 offer but when I read the fine print I am not eligible. Not sure why they keep sending me the ads. I have OOL and BB service. That's it.

Pirate515
Premium Member
join:2001-01-22
Brooklyn, NY

Pirate515 to JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

to JoeSchmoe007
If FiOS is available at your address, you can try calling disconnect department and threatening to switch; you might get lucky and they will cave in and "extend" your promotional pricing for another year without the hassle of canceling and signing up under another name. Just be sure that FiOS is really available to you; they will type your address into Verizon site and if they find out that you are lying, they won't extend the offer to you.

Also, I've heard that every new install requires a tech visit; even if all the cabling is in place in your house/apartment, you still can't just go to a walk-in center and pick up cable box(es)/modem(s), a tech must come and connect it for you for the initial install (if you are an existing customer, you can pick up, return or exchange equipment w/o tech visit though). Unless they are running a free installation promotion, don't they charge for these visits?
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

FIOS is available here (I've had it for 2 years in the past). Yes, I was charged $20 for installation even as a new customer.