uniqs
atnozm
Premium Member
join:2006-02-03
Schenectady, NY

atnozm

Premium Member

2010 Ford Transit Connect Noise When Turning

Just wondering if anyone out there might be able to shed some light on the problem I'm having with my van.

It started two days ago, when turning I'd noticed something that sort of felt like when you drive over a big rock. I didn't think much of it, then yesterday the noise/feeling was happening more often, and today it is doing it everytime I turn left or right about 3-4 times, and sometimes when I go in reverse as well. One thing I did notice though is it only does it when i accelerate through the turn, if I just coast around the corner without giving it any gas I don't notice it happening.

It sort of sounds like something is rubbing together or hitting together. It is very loud, and jarring enough that I can feel it on the floor and steering wheel. It has become so loud and rough today that I'm not comfortable driving it until I get it looked at. I do have an appointment to take it in on Wednesday, but in the mean time I was just wondering if anyone here has seen or heard of this before?
PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

PrntRhd

Premium Member

It has the same type FWD drive train as a pre-2012 Focus, so expect some wheel bearing/carrier bearing issues and it might require replacing half-shafts.
PrntRhd

PrntRhd to atnozm

Premium Member

to atnozm
What did they find?