BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to bigdaddy

Premium Member

to bigdaddy

Re: [Internet] Which modem is best suited for BHN lightning?

said by bigdaddy:

said by GeNomer:

I would recommend a Motorola SBG6580 or SB6141.

Also, I've never used the Arris TG852G, but I've used other Arris modems and they are pretty solid.

Just a reminder if you want or have Static IPs you can't use your own modem's yet. But when BHN changes that Policy the only modem BHN currently uses for Static IPs is the Motorola SBG6580. I Hope that this Information helps some of you with your modem purchasing decisions going forward.

You won't be able to use your own modem for static IP's and that's not likely to change despite your hopes bigdaddy.

zilch
@bhn.net

zilch

Anon

whats the benefit of having a static ip?

Do you know if I have one currently? I rent from BHN at the moment.

Thanks!!
Keiro
join:2005-10-25
Birmingham, AL

Keiro to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by bigdaddy:

said by GeNomer:

I would recommend a Motorola SBG6580 or SB6141.

Also, I've never used the Arris TG852G, but I've used other Arris modems and they are pretty solid.

Just a reminder if you want or have Static IPs you can't use your own modem's yet. But when BHN changes that Policy the only modem BHN currently uses for Static IPs is the Motorola SBG6580. I Hope that this Information helps some of you with your modem purchasing decisions going forward.

You won't be able to use your own modem for static IP's and that's not likely to change despite your hopes bigdaddy.

Damn, I was hoping at some point I'd get to use my own modem. It would be nice to have the ability to have a supported modem with static IP on a residential line...