uniqs
share rss forum feed

hrickpa

join:2001-06-07
Reading, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

[DTA] DTAs getting black screen for a few seconds

I have 2 motorola DTA100's. I am getting a black screen that appears for a second or two every 10 to 20 min
some times it is quick that you would not see the message
"We've decteded an interruption in your service" some times i see this message. im in the Reading, PA area. is anyone else haveing this problem comcast is sending a tech out on monday to check it out a friend of mine is having the same problem
it does it on all channels

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
You can check signal levels by holding down INFO for several seconds (gets into diagnostics), then go to Tuner Status.

I've occasionally seen it, even on strong stations, but it's not a consistent pattern.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
most likely poor signal strength going into the boxes. do u have old shoddy wiring or dollorama splitters? perhaps those are culprits of those, make sure u have a cable run for every tv going to the main splitter (usually by the hydro panel in your base ment)
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

hrickpa

Reading, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to hrickpa
tuner status
Tuned fequency 531000
power level(dBmv 4
Signal-to-noise 37

that is what under tuner status
I have 2 DTA's that are doing the black screen
a friend of mine that lives accross town is having the same problem with his DTA also

love2bowl300
Premium
join:2003-12-13
Hamburg, PA
reply to hrickpa
hrickpa I live in Hamburg, PA and we're having the same issue here and also the HD channels are pixelating. I've been talking to many others in the area who have Comcast who are also having the same problem. It's been going on for about a week now.
--
Life is like a bowl of cherries. Some Sweet, Some Sour, or just the PITS!

hrickpa

Reading, PA
reply to hrickpa
Comcast told me that the motorola DTA100's has a software issuse that it should be resolved in the next week

JohnnyO

@comcast.net
I live in the Laureldale/Muhlenberg area and I also have been having the same trouble with my Motorola DTA100 the past few weeks. However, today is the first day I haven't noticed any brief blackouts in cable service.