spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

N6ATF

join:2012-07-03
Lemon Grove, CA

[CA] Does Cox provide service in Los Angeles County?

I did the live chat thing, and the sales rep couldn't tell me anything unless I gave a specific address.

If there's no comprehensive list of cities Cox serves in LA County,
I specifically want to know about the greater Burbank area; Burbank actual, Glendale, Pasadena, South Pasadena... are there any Cox HSI customers in those cities? I REALLY don't want to switch providers, especially not all our @cox.net email addresses, if we have to move up there.

Thanks in advance.

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

I don't think they do. If you go to Cox.net, up in the top right corner there should be a place giving your location (assuming you have signed in recently). Click on that, pick California and it should give you all their markets available. If its not listed there, you could also cross reference on Whitefence.com. Or wait until Monday and call up and talk to the Sales people.

On a side note, even if Cox isn't available in the new area, you can ask to put your account into a type of "Seasonal" that will allow you to keep your email after you move. Just be sure to download/backup all your email before you do it, and make sure to ask them about it before you disconnect your account. I was able to help my Aunt keep her email when she moved to Texas.

N6ATF

Lemon Grove, CA

Cool, thanks. I compared »www.travelmath.com/cities-near/Burbank,+CA to that dropdown, and the only one is Pasadena.

If you go "Seasonal", do you pay a reduced monthly bill just to receive email, or do they let you do webmail/POP3/SMTP for free until you get hardline service again?

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI

Seasonal is less. I forget how much it was for her, maybe 5-10$? But no, no pay, no email. Thats why you tell them ahead of time and they turn your normal account to a seasonal account and your bill goes down and you keep the email. Your probably best off talking to the Sales people about it because I don't know if its available in all areas, I just know it worked for me. Just ask them about paying a small amount to keep email, they will probably know what your talking about.

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA
reply to N6ATF

The only place in LA County we offer service is around Palos Verdes, otherwise the closest is Orange County.

N6ATF

Lemon Grove, CA

So Pasadena shouldn't be in the drop-down?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

2 edits

Correct...Pasadena takes you to the Cox Orange County site. Pasadena is served by Charter (and AT&T) as are Burbank and Glendale.

AnonGuy

@cox.net
reply to N6ATF

No

»www.corporatereport.com/cox2008/···ons.html

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA
reply to N6ATF

said by N6ATF:

I did the live chat thing, and the sales rep couldn't tell me anything unless I gave a specific address.

If there's no comprehensive list of cities Cox serves in LA County,

NO they dont, you have Choices out in LA unlike me who is in Middle GA Competition hurts no one, BRings good prices and better service.

Here's a map to aid you. Zoom in on the la Area..

»www.fcc.gov/maps/connect-compete···rage-map
--
Holocaust survivors and their family's fill this out.
»online.ushmm.org/registry/update···form.php

N6ATF

Lemon Grove, CA
reply to N6ATF

Crap. Looks like I'm going to have to pay to keep my Cox email addresses active if I don't move to one of their areas on the FCC map. I really don't want to redo hundreds of registrations and printed materials.

Thanks everyone.

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI

1 recommendation

Just as a idea, if you happen to change your mind and decide to switch to a different email, you might want to make that switch sooner then later. That way you can forward all your cox email to the new address, and even put up a "Vacation message" that will let everyone who emails you of your new address. And if you do switch, may I suggest Gmail and not the email of your new provider, that way if you ever move again, you don't find yourself in a similar situation. Good luck.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA

2 edits

said by Optimus2357:

you might want to make that switch sooner then later. That way you can forward all your cox email to the new address, and even put up a "Vacation message" that will let everyone who emails you of your new address. And if you do switch, may I suggest Gmail and not the email of your new provider,

I AGREE with this User of Dslreports 100%,

If you go with say Comcast/ Charter/Cox get that e-mail from G-mail i have 5 with them Family/ business/ junk mail etc.
--

bbeesley
VIP
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX
kudos:5
reply to Optimus2357

said by Optimus2357:

And if you do switch, may I suggest Gmail and not the email of your new provider, that way if you ever move again, you don't find yourself in a similar situation.

or better yet, register your own domain and then you won't be left holding the bag if Google, or some other third party decides to change and no longer offer email

20 years and counting of having the same email address through the days and demise of Compuserve, MSN, Internet Oklahoma, Telepath, Multimedia Cablevision as my provider and moves from Comcast, Cox and Verizon.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA

2 edits

said by bbeesley:

said by Optimus2357:

And if you do switch, may I suggest Gmail and not the email of your new provider, that way if you ever move again, you don't find yourself in a similar situation.

or better yet, register your own domain and then you won't be left holding the bag if Google, or some other third party decides to change and no longer offer email

20 years and counting of having the same email address through the days and demise of Compuserve, MSN, Internet Oklahoma, Telepath, Multimedia Cablevision as my provider and moves from Comcast, Cox and Verizon.

Thats True i have a website through these people,

which offers e-mail service/Website included so i have that option to use it costs me $30 per year.but i use Gmail
Currently

»www.nfoservers.com/webhosting.php
--