CoolMan
join:2008-01-07
Maryville, TN
ARRIS BGW210-700
Netgear R7000

4 edits

CoolMan

WatchESPN, Watch Disney now live for Charter TV subscribers

Charter TV subscribers that have ESPN included in there TV service are now authenticated with WatchESPN access.
Watch ESPN: »espn.go.com/watchespn/index
Apps available for WatchESPN: Xbox, Android, iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch

The following WATCH Disney channels are also live:

Watch Disney Channel: »watchdisneychannel.go.com/
Watch Disney XD: »watchdisneyxd.go.com/
Apps available for Watch Disney suite: iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Kindle Fire.

Watch ABC Family (beta): »abcfamily.go.com/
According to the Press Release 'Watch ABC Family' will be officially launched soon and only authenticated subscribers will have access to the content, currently anyone can access this content.

Watch Disney Junior: »watchdisneyjunior.go.com/ (not active yet)
fossilz
join:2001-03-20
Port Charlotte, FL

fossilz

The Android app does list Charter now.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

Now we know part of the reason why Charter rates have gone up lately.
jamiers
join:2004-08-22
Ashford, CT

jamiers to CoolMan

to CoolMan

Re: [CATV] Cisco 8650 and Channel 611

They also need to get Showtime going as well. I think I saw something here in the forums that said that Showtime was coming soon.
benwaynet
join:2003-07-10
Grand Haven, MI

benwaynet to CoolMan

to CoolMan

Re: WatchESPN, Watch Disney now live for Charter TV subscribers

disneyjunior is not listing Charter right now.

Plus they only have a iOS app. Once they have an android app I'll care
Expand your moderator at work

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize to 15444104

to 15444104

said by 15444104:

Now we know part of the reason why Charter rates have gone up lately.

You got that right, i have none of these devices and don't need this service but must pay for it anyways.
Crappy deal for people like me.

CoolMan
join:2008-01-07
Maryville, TN
ARRIS BGW210-700
Netgear R7000

CoolMan

said by fossilz:

The Android app does list Charter now.

Updated original post with this info.
said by benwaynet:

disneyjunior is not listing Charter right now.

Plus they only have a iOS app. Once they have an android app I'll care

»watchdisneychannel.go.com/faq states iPad, iPhone, iPod touch & Kindle Fire apps. Added this information to the original post.

geek
Mad Scientist at Work
Premium Member
join:2002-01-07
Southbury, CT

geek to mmainprize

Premium Member

to mmainprize

You got that right, i have none of these devices and don't need this service but must pay for it anyways.

You don't have a PC or laptop?
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to CoolMan

to CoolMan
I noticed quite a few more providers, including Charter, show up on the XBox ESPN app the other day. Unfortunately it does me no good since I only get internet and phone from them. Gotta wait for Directv to get on board.

Oh well, I can still view the ESPN 3 channels through the XBox app which is very nice.

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize to geek

to geek
said by geek:

I have a PC but why would i want to watch TV on the PC if i have a larger screen TV in the same room.

In fact CBS don't have On demand, No Apps for the TV, and try to make me watch missed programs on the PC. But it is a pain because i use the PC for internet not to watch TV. Many of the main channels don't have an app for the TV (Samsung) but do for the PC or devices like tablets and phones. So it harder to watch a missed program on the TV, ABC on demand forces you to watch ads and disables Fast Forward during playback. I am paying for this content but am limited in many ways.

So my options are (to use all of 30 Meg lowest HSI tier, and not pay top dollar for the huge TV bundle) to connect the TV to the PC and run it as an HTPC, get OTA channels and internet channels, Netflixs and drop Charter $100 plus TV package. That seem to be the direction i am going, instead of $150 plus a month for TV and HSI, I could get what i need for about $75 a month.

I can see this is a great deal for the content providers, as they are making money many different ways from every cable TV customer for hundreds of channels that i do not watch or want, because it is bundled into the packages, we have no choice but to pay for it.
watts3000
join:2002-01-21

watts3000

I wonder does the 360 have disney apps
Expand your moderator at work
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to watts3000

to watts3000

said by watts3000:

I wonder does the 360 have disney apps

No as of yet. I know Microsoft is adding a bunch of new apps in the spring(some are already showing up), but the list on wikipedia doesn't show anything for Disney.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to mmainprize

Premium Member

to mmainprize
said by mmainprize:

said by geek:

I have a PC but why would i want to watch TV on the PC if i have a larger screen TV in the same room.

In fact CBS don't have On demand, No Apps for the TV, and try to make me watch missed programs on the PC. But it is a pain because i use the PC for internet not to watch TV. Many of the main channels don't have an app for the TV (Samsung) but do for the PC or devices like tablets and phones. So it harder to watch a missed program on the TV, ABC on demand forces you to watch ads and disables Fast Forward during playback. I am paying for this content but am limited in many ways.

So my options are (to use all of 30 Meg lowest HSI tier, and not pay top dollar for the huge TV bundle) to connect the TV to the PC and run it as an HTPC, get OTA channels and internet channels, Netflixs and drop Charter $100 plus TV package. That seem to be the direction i am going, instead of $150 plus a month for TV and HSI, I could get what i need for about $75 a month.

I can see this is a great deal for the content providers, as they are making money many different ways from every cable TV customer for hundreds of channels that i do not watch or want, because it is bundled into the packages, we have no choice but to pay for it.

Have always felt/thought the same way about watching tv or playing games on a computer. Games I can sort of understand, if you're into that, but still not totally necessary to use the computer now a days.

Definitely have always thought it was a major waste to watch tv on a computer though.

We have one other choice really. It's called bend over!!

geek
Mad Scientist at Work
Premium Member
join:2002-01-07
Southbury, CT
TP-Link Archer C7

geek

Premium Member

To me, it makes a good second screen. Say, my wife is watching the 60" but I don't want to go upstairs to watch the race or my game. I just whip out the iPad, lappy or my phone and I'm watching what I want, where I want. Boom! Done.

It's also a great solution on XMAS day. Instead of talking to my family, I have sports in my pocket ready to go.
sittin_tech
join:2004-04-13
Rochester, MN

sittin_tech to CoolMan

to CoolMan
Just replayed the gophers taking down #1 Indiana on my android phone. This app work pretty slick.