uniqs

somebodeez
MVM
join:2001-09-24
here

somebodeez to 46436203

MVM

to 46436203

Re: [HD] Maybe this means more HD will follow...

said by 46436203:

Turner Classic Movies HD. Now that would be the biggest possible waste of space.

Whoops - I gave you a thumbsup but then realized that I misread your post.

I disagree. I would LOVE to *finally* have TCM in HD!
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by somebodeez:

said by 46436203:

Turner Classic Movies HD. Now that would be the biggest possible waste of space.

Whoops - I gave you a thumbsup but then realized that I misread your post.

I disagree. I would LOVE to *finally* have TCM in HD!

From what I've read they don't even show anything in HD on TMC.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

1 recommendation

matcarl

Premium Member

The signal is still 1080i which would give a clearer picture than the SD

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

1 edit

1 recommendation

johnf2

Premium Member

matcarl said: [TCM HD] the signal is still 1080i which would give a clearer picture than the SD.

That is why we need it in HD! They show the classics, they deserve the best quality signal possible.

Webcobbler
@verizon.net

Webcobbler to matcarl

Anon

to matcarl
According to the channel PDF, FiOS states that TV GUIDE HD will be availiable in all markets in February. So I think def by March 1st, bc it may be contractual? Why would they say that if it wasn't true?

Some may not like this channel addition, but it is better then what they could add.

Anyway. I still state that , if they say they will add this channel in HD in all markets in Feb on a channel PDF that lists all channels in every package , it will be so? Correct?
Webcobbler

Webcobbler to johnf2

Anon

to johnf2
John,

I agree that TCM HD would be great bc it's 1080. I was watching Ben Hur last night. Great movie, but in HD, ESP 1080, it would've been much much better.

Possibly compared to the quality of BBC America and BBC America HD. when we first got the channel in HD, I was amazed bc it was In 1080. It was a night and day comparison.

jd4d
@verizon.net

jd4d to johnf2

Anon

to johnf2
I'd gladly take TCM HD over TRU-TV. Aside from NCAA what else does tru-tv show? Maybe they should consider a rotate of some of these HD channels. NFL net - it can go and bring in MLB Net. I don't blame other cable ops. from dumping channels that aren't producing.