uniqs
share rss forum feed

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

[Anveo] Geo. Restricted phone numbers

Some new challenges for my Anveo Residential DID.

Apparently some service numbers I call for customer service issues are now not reachable using my DID -- according to Anveo Online Support those numbers are Geo Restricted --- so Anveo cannot do anything about that.

Rather strange because when I dial those same numbers via my CallCentric business DID the numbers are reachable. So yes I am currently somewhat confused by this specific aspect.

This is one annoyance I [more accurately my wife] may not be able to live with. On a much more positive side I have observed that SPAM calls to my Anveo DID have dropped dramatically [no I do not have any special Call Flow for that] -- which in itself is a really nice incentive.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business

John Hansen

@att.net
When you make a test call from your Anveo phone to your cellphone, what number shows up on the caller ID?

When you make a test call from your Anveo phone to the MCI test number 1-800-444-4444, what phone number is read back to you?

When you make a test call from your CallCentric phone to your cellphone, what number shows up on the caller ID?

When you make a test call from your CallCentric phone to the MCI test number 1-800-444-4444, what phone number is read back to you?

--------------------

By doing that you will find the answer, and a solution.

Stewart

join:2005-07-13
kudos:26
reply to mozerd
Assuming that these are toll-free numbers, it may be possible to route those calls through another provider (that does not charge for such calls or require you to register). What kind of VoIP device(s) do you use to make those calls? Can you please post (or PM) a couple of the problematic numbers? I assume that your DID is in the Ottawa area and that the failing numbers normally accept calls from that area. If not, please explain. Also, call 1-800-437-7950 and report whether calling ANI and charge ANI both match your DID.

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON
reply to John Hansen
The MCI test numbers are both unreachable via Anveo and CallCentric;

Via Anveo I get a code 2ii
Via CallCentric I get a code 21G
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON

3 edits
reply to Stewart
said by Stewart:

Assuming that these are toll-free numbers, it may be possible to route those calls through another provider (that does not charge for such calls or require you to register). What kind of VoIP device(s) do you use to make those calls? Can you please post (or PM) a couple of the problematic numbers? I assume that your DID is in the Ottawa area and that the failing numbers normally accept calls from that area. If not, please explain. Also, call 1-800-437-7950 and report whether calling ANI and charge ANI both match your DID.

The numbers are Toll Free in Canada and following is sample:
1-877-559-5202
1-877-904-7826
1-888-764-3771 [this one just produces a busy signal]
My Anveo Phone is AT&T DECT 6 phone connected to my Obi202
My CallCentric Phone is the Gigaset C610A IP

From my Anveo DID when I call 1-800-437-7950 both match my DID.
From my CallCentric DID when I call 1-800-437-7950 both match my DID.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
said by mozerd:

Just checked my Anveo CDR and have found several successful calls to Rogers toll free number.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI
Expand your moderator at work

amd64now

join:2007-04-01
Orleans, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·Anveo

1 edit
reply to mozerd

Re: [Anveo] Geo. Restricted phone numbers

said by mozerd:

said by Stewart:

The numbers are Toll Free in Canada and following is sample:
1-877-559-5202
1-877-904-7826
My Anveo Phone is AT&T DECT 6 phone connected to my Obi202
My CallCentric Phone is the Gigaset C610A IP

From my Anveo DID when I call 1-800-437-7950 both match my DID.
From my CallCentric DID when I call 1-800-437-7950 both match my DID.

To get around 800 Canadian numbers, I set my outbound route on my obi202 to use another provider. Could be a temporary solution. About a month ago, I contacted support about this issue. They said they know about the issue. I am sure we will have resolution soon. I havent tried recently but if grand total had sucess to rogers, I will have to try again.

DaveSin

join:2009-07-17
reply to mozerd
As Stewart suggested, you could set up another provider on your OBi202 to route all your toll free calls. I have tollfreegateway.com set up on my OBi110, using one of my available VoiceGateway:

Voice Gateway8

Enable:             checked
Name               Toll Free Calls
AccessNumber   SPx(sip.tollfreegateway.com)
DigitMap       (18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxxS0|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxxS0)
AuthUserID   blank
AuthPassword        blank

Where x (sp1 or Sp2 or Sp3 or Sp4) is setup for sip (anveno or callcentric)

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON
reply to mozerd
I do not have that problem on my voip.ms DID so I will use that DID for my 1-8XX support calls .... but my wife is giving me a hard time because my residential number "should not have any issues whatsoever"

My Obi202 has my Anveo DID on SP1 and my voip.ms DID on SP2 --- no more providers possible --- although tollfreegateway.com sounds interesting but not sure how to set that up unless I get another obi device --- I got lots of bandwidth. I'm learning more than I really wanted too about VoIP
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

amd64now

Orleans, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·Anveo
said by mozerd:

I do not have that problem on my voip.ms DID so I will use that DID for my 1-8XX support calls .... but my wife is giving me a hard time because my residential number "should not have any issues whatsoever"

My Obi202 has my Anveo DID on SP1 and my voip.ms DID on SP2 --- no more providers possible --- although tollfreegateway.com sounds interesting but not sure how to set that up unless I get another obi device --- I got lots of bandwidth. I'm learning more than I really wanted too about VoIP

You have sp3 and sp4 available to use up to 4 on your obi.

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
kudos:13
Reviews:
·AcroVoice
·Callcentric
·Anveo
reply to mozerd
said by mozerd:

not sure how to set that up

DaveSin See Profile just gave you the configuration to set it up, in the post directly above yours. Additionally, instead of tollfreegateway.com, you may use a VoIP.ms sub account (with outgoing Caller ID set to your Anveo DID) or your Callcentric account.

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
said by Mango:

said by mozerd:

not sure how to set that up

DaveSin See Profile just gave you the configuration to set it up, in the post directly above yours.

That configuration is not using a SPx. Only for outbound calls you can use a gateway like suggested in that settings. Future 9 with a free account will also allow you to call toll free numbers for free.

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

reply to mozerd
Hey, thanks amd64now See Profile, Mango See Profile and DaveSin See Profile

I did not know that I could do that with my obi device --- wonderful!

Stewart

1 edit
reply to mozerd
Something seems to have changed. I'm pretty sure that sip.tollfreegateway.com used to work for geo restricted Canadian toll-free numbers, but a test to 1-877-559-5202 just failed. As did Alcazar Networks, all three Voxbeam routes, tollfree.future-nine.com, proxy.ideasip.com and sipbroker.com (as well as Anveo). I tried with both 1-613-596-xxxx and 1-647-873-xxxx as calling numbers.

Calling from my 1-647-873-xxxx Dell Voice number, I was able to reach the Rogers IVR.

zapattack

join:2012-07-02
CANADA
»[Other] [VoIP.ms] Porting from Inphonex and think it is stuck

From 2009! MyAniIs doesn't appear to work for me.

swarner

join:2008-02-08
Hamilton, ON

2 edits
reply to mozerd
Here's my setup ... I just tried your suggested numbers and they all work.

Anveo is on SP2 ... I use the toll free service at Callwithus.

Voice Gateway1
sp2(tf.callwithus.com)

Digit Map
(18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|!18005551212|!8005551212)

Put this at the end of your Phone1 Port Digit map
|**9(Mpp)|(Mvg1)|(Mpli))

and this at the end of your OutboundCallRoute
{((Mpp)):pp},{(Mvg1):vg1},{(Mpli):pli}

Hold the Phone!!! I just checked my call logs and these calls went out through Google Talk.
Obviously my great dial plan isn't so great.

Scott

Stewart

said by swarner:

Here's my setup ... I just tried your suggested numbers and they all work.

Anveo is on SP2 ... I use the toll free service at Callwithus.

OK, what's the trick? Calling 18775595202, I get the same error with CallWithUs, though if I substitute a US toll-free number, it works ok. What caller ID are you sending (except for last 4 digits)? With or without a leading 1? Is it conceivable that your IP address somehow matters? Is this working for someone outside Canada?

swarner

Hamilton, ON

4 edits
Stewart

I just checked my call logs and those calls were going out through Google Talk.

When I tried reseting my dial plan so that the calls went out through tf.callwithus I got "call can not be completed"

When I forced calls out through Anveo I get "call can not be completed"

Forcing the calls out through Voip.ms works ... I'm registered on the Chicago server.

I'll edit my earlier post.

Scott

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON

1 edit
reply to swarner
Click for full size
Gateway1
Click for full size
PhonePort1
OK while you sort out this anomaly I just want to confirm that I have the right screens to adjust ... please confirm cause I hate making mistakes.

so can I assume that:
sp1(tf.callwithus.com)
would be inserted into the AccessNumber field

DaveSin

join:2009-07-17
Yes! Since you have a sip provider on both Sp1 and Sp2, you could use either sp1 or sp2 in:

sp1 (tf.....)

or

sp2 (tf......)

FYI, you could use additional providers in these Voice Gateway accounts (up to 8) for providers (eg. CallWithUs) that DO NOT require registration for OUTGOING calls. The Gateways accounts do not accept incoming calls.

swarner

Hamilton, ON
reply to mozerd
Mozerd

Sorry for all the confusion but here's what my testing has shown ...

Using the tf.callwithus does not work "call cannot be completed ..."

Dialing directly through Anveo does not work "call cannot be completed ..."

Dialing through Voip.ms works ... I'm registered through Chicago but have Toll-Free Termination Carrier set to Canadian.

So my advice would be to direct those calls out through Voip.ms.

Scott

Stewart

said by swarner:

... So my advice would be to direct those calls out through Voip.ms.

Indeed. Goes to show that no one is perfect. Here's a case where all the "more reliable" providers fall down, but VoIP.ms comes through. Perhaps I should be recommending them more

(My test with Callcentric may not have been conclusive. I forwarded an iNum to 18775595202 and sent a call with ID 1613596xxxx to sip.inum.net. Possibly, a direct call would have worked, but setting up a new caller ID on CC requires a ticket, and I didn't want to cause them the trouble.)

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON
reply to mozerd
OK so here is what I did which result did not work for me ... calls cannot be completed .... what do I need to do to fix?

Voice Gatway1
Enable: checked
Name: Service calls to 8XX numbers
AccessNumber: SP2(toronto2.voip.ms)
DigitMap: (18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxxS0|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxxS0)
AuthUserID: xxxxxx
AuthPassword: x0x0x0x0x0

--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

amd64now

Orleans, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·Anveo
said by mozerd:

OK so here is what I did which result did not work for me ... calls cannot be completed .... what do I need to do to fix?

Voice Gatway1
Enable: checked
Name: Service calls to 8XX numbers
AccessNumber: SP2(toronto2.voip.ms)
DigitMap: (18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxxS0|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxxS0)
AuthUserID: xxxxxx
AuthPassword: x0x0x0x0x0

What I did to route my tollfree is put the following in my OutboundCallRoute. I didn't change the default DigitMap at all. I have Anveo on SP1 and my other provider on SP2. My 18xx calls route through SP2.

Modify the Phone 1 (Anveo) OutboundCallRoute by adding
{(1(800|855|866|877|888)[2-9]xxxxxx):sp2} at the front.

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON
said by amd64now:

What I did to route my tollfree is put the following in my OutboundCallRoute. I didn't change the default DigitMap at all. I have Anveo on SP1 and my other provider on SP2. My 18xx calls route through SP2.

Modify the Phone 1 (Anveo) OutboundCallRoute by adding
{(1(800|855|866|877|888)[2-9]xxxxxx):sp2} at the front.

Just to confirm ... my VoiceGatway1 is OK the way I posted it ---- but I need to Modify the Phone 1 (Anveo) OutboundCallRoute by adding etc. ? or I need to get blank out the VoiceGatway1 [default] and simple implement what you suggested?
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to swarner
said by swarner:

....Using the tf.callwithus does not work "call cannot be completed ..." ....

It's interesting to read that, as CWU usually was my best solution when problems like this cropped up in the past.

However, what CWU has available is that you can add a dialing prefix to force their system to use a specific carrier for your outbound calls (each carrier has been assigned a number code internally by CWU), and by checking my call logs, I discovered which carriers were successful and then forced CWU to use only those for calling any Canadian Toll-Free numbers which had been problematic.

The problem which I sometimes encountered was that enough other folks were prob'ly doing the same thing that it sometimes was BUSY at the carrier level.

However, when it worked, it worked like a charm, and was free of charge to me.

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !

amd64now

Orleans, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·Anveo
reply to mozerd
The way I am using it does not use VoiceGateway. Just SP1 and SP2. There are advantages to do it with VoiceGateway and digimap.

So, if you want to try my way. Turn off voicegateway.

Sp1 is anveo
Sp2 is voip.ms

In Phone 1 OutboundCallRoute, add {(1(800|855|866|877|888)[2-9]xxxxxx):sp2}

At least, it works in my instance.

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON
said by amd64now:

Thank you for clarifying .... IT WORKS ... I tested 10 numbers so far and they all work

Only anomaly I have is that I do not get any rings .... dials the number, deal silence for 5 seconds then I get the IVR answer.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

amd64now

Orleans, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·Anveo
said by mozerd:

said by amd64now:

Thank you for clarifying .... IT WORKS ... I tested 10 numbers so far and they all work

Only anomaly I have is that I do not get any rings .... dials the number, deal silence for 5 seconds then I get the IVR answer.

If you are refering to the Rogers number, I get the same. Most 800 numbers with IVR answer, you will get some cut off at the start. Its been discussed on here before if you do some searching.