how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DaveSin

join:2009-07-17
reply to mozerd

Re: [Anveo] Geo. Restricted phone numbers

Yes! Since you have a sip provider on both Sp1 and Sp2, you could use either sp1 or sp2 in:

sp1 (tf.....)

or

sp2 (tf......)

FYI, you could use additional providers in these Voice Gateway accounts (up to 8) for providers (eg. CallWithUs) that DO NOT require registration for OUTGOING calls. The Gateways accounts do not accept incoming calls.

swarner

join:2008-02-08
Hamilton, ON
reply to mozerd

Mozerd

Sorry for all the confusion but here's what my testing has shown ...

Using the tf.callwithus does not work "call cannot be completed ..."

Dialing directly through Anveo does not work "call cannot be completed ..."

Dialing through Voip.ms works ... I'm registered through Chicago but have Toll-Free Termination Carrier set to Canadian.

So my advice would be to direct those calls out through Voip.ms.

Scott

Stewart

join:2005-07-13
kudos:21

said by swarner:

... So my advice would be to direct those calls out through Voip.ms.

Indeed. Goes to show that no one is perfect. Here's a case where all the "more reliable" providers fall down, but VoIP.ms comes through. Perhaps I should be recommending them more

(My test with Callcentric may not have been conclusive. I forwarded an iNum to 18775595202 and sent a call with ID 1613596xxxx to sip.inum.net. Possibly, a direct call would have worked, but setting up a new caller ID on CC requires a ticket, and I didn't want to cause them the trouble.)

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON
reply to mozerd

OK so here is what I did which result did not work for me ... calls cannot be completed .... what do I need to do to fix?

Voice Gatway1
Enable: checked
Name: Service calls to 8XX numbers
AccessNumber: SP2(toronto2.voip.ms)
DigitMap: (18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxxS0|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxxS0)
AuthUserID: xxxxxx
AuthPassword: x0x0x0x0x0

--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business

amd64now

join:2007-04-01
Orleans, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·Anveo

said by mozerd:

OK so here is what I did which result did not work for me ... calls cannot be completed .... what do I need to do to fix?

Voice Gatway1
Enable: checked
Name: Service calls to 8XX numbers
AccessNumber: SP2(toronto2.voip.ms)
DigitMap: (18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxxS0|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxxS0)
AuthUserID: xxxxxx
AuthPassword: x0x0x0x0x0

What I did to route my tollfree is put the following in my OutboundCallRoute. I didn't change the default DigitMap at all. I have Anveo on SP1 and my other provider on SP2. My 18xx calls route through SP2.

Modify the Phone 1 (Anveo) OutboundCallRoute by adding
{(1(800|855|866|877|888)[2-9]xxxxxx):sp2} at the front.

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON

said by amd64now:

What I did to route my tollfree is put the following in my OutboundCallRoute. I didn't change the default DigitMap at all. I have Anveo on SP1 and my other provider on SP2. My 18xx calls route through SP2.

Modify the Phone 1 (Anveo) OutboundCallRoute by adding
{(1(800|855|866|877|888)[2-9]xxxxxx):sp2} at the front.

Just to confirm ... my VoiceGatway1 is OK the way I posted it ---- but I need to Modify the Phone 1 (Anveo) OutboundCallRoute by adding etc. ? or I need to get blank out the VoiceGatway1 [default] and simple implement what you suggested?
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to swarner

said by swarner:

....Using the tf.callwithus does not work "call cannot be completed ..." ....

It's interesting to read that, as CWU usually was my best solution when problems like this cropped up in the past.

However, what CWU has available is that you can add a dialing prefix to force their system to use a specific carrier for your outbound calls (each carrier has been assigned a number code internally by CWU), and by checking my call logs, I discovered which carriers were successful and then forced CWU to use only those for calling any Canadian Toll-Free numbers which had been problematic.

The problem which I sometimes encountered was that enough other folks were prob'ly doing the same thing that it sometimes was BUSY at the carrier level.

However, when it worked, it worked like a charm, and was free of charge to me.

--

We have only 2 things about which to worry :
(1) That things may never get back to normal
(2) That they already HAVE !

amd64now

Orleans, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·Anveo
reply to mozerd

The way I am using it does not use VoiceGateway. Just SP1 and SP2. There are advantages to do it with VoiceGateway and digimap.

So, if you want to try my way. Turn off voicegateway.

Sp1 is anveo
Sp2 is voip.ms

In Phone 1 OutboundCallRoute, add {(1(800|855|866|877|888)[2-9]xxxxxx):sp2}

At least, it works in my instance.

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON

said by amd64now:

Thank you for clarifying .... IT WORKS ... I tested 10 numbers so far and they all work

Only anomaly I have is that I do not get any rings .... dials the number, deal silence for 5 seconds then I get the IVR answer.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

amd64now

Orleans, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·Anveo

said by mozerd:

said by amd64now:

Thank you for clarifying .... IT WORKS ... I tested 10 numbers so far and they all work

Only anomaly I have is that I do not get any rings .... dials the number, deal silence for 5 seconds then I get the IVR answer.

If you are refering to the Rogers number, I get the same. Most 800 numbers with IVR answer, you will get some cut off at the start. Its been discussed on here before if you do some searching.

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON

1 edit

said by amd64now:

If you are refering to the Rogers number, I get the same. Most 800 numbers with IVR answer, you will get some cut off at the start. Its been discussed on here before if you do some searching.

Its not only Rogers numbers --- The key point however is that I can now dial Canadian 8xx service numbers and get through without switching phones --- thanks for your help.

Hopefully, Anveo can solve this CDN 8xx issue in due time.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3
reply to mozerd

It works with VoIP.ms because we use a Canadian Toll-Free provider for Canada, and an American Toll-Free provider for USA. (Your default Toll-Free provider can be configured via the settings)

Anveo Toll-Free is most probably an american provider, locked to an American ANI number, therefore Country Locked Toll-Free numbers in Canada reject the calls.

Others have provided solutions, but just wanted to offer an explanation. Good luck.
--
Martin - VoiP.ms

zapattack

join:2012-07-02
CANADA

Martin I notice using Carrier Default or American causes 1 800 444 4444 to return a CID of 720 279 3127.
Any special reason my chosen number is not sent/detected?

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:3

said by zapattack:

Martin I notice using Carrier Default or American causes 1 800 444 4444 to return a CID of 720 279 3127.
Any special reason my chosen number is not sent/detected?

They are playing the ANI instead of the CallerID.
--
Martin - VoiP.ms

mozerd
Premium,MVM
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

reply to mozerd

Apparently Anveo are doing something about this situation and should have a solution --- when its ready --- Anveo will announce via their news section. No time frame promised.

amd64now

Orleans, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·Anveo

1 recommendation

said by mozerd:

Apparently Anveo are doing something about this situation and should have a solution --- when its ready --- Anveo will announce via their news section. No time frame promised.

Looks like Anveo has delivered a solution. I was able to make calls to Canada tollfree numbers. Even registered to the Dallas server and can call Canada tollfree numbers.

Thanks Anveo!!!