uniqs
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

1 edit

pandora

Premium Member

Guess which game PBS says caused Lanza to kill people?

Guess which game PBS Frontline is saying caused Adam Lanza to kill many people in Newtown.

Super Mario ... nope. Halo ... nope. Call of Duty ... nope. World of Warcraft, YUP!

Here is a link and a quote - »www.newstimes.com/local/ ··· 5404.php

Novia says that Adam was playing "violent video games" at the time -- World of Warcraft, in particular -- and implies a link between the games and the subsequent massacre.

then it goes on -

The Courant reporters say they learned from unidentified investigators that Adam carried out the shootings at Sandy Hook consistent with the way you play video games: changing his ammunition magazines frequently, even when they were not yet empty.

I wish someone from Frontline would spend a day with a Guild Master, or was with me for the 2.5 days I spent farming Fel iron and related ores in Outland to raise my blacksmithing and mining.

Oh yes there was violence, mostly by my NPC pets against other NPC's, or any NPC that was distracting me from a node. No blood, no lost limbs, no head shots, just a 70+ pet going after NPC's allowing me to eventually mine cobalt and maintain professions at level and get out of the Godforsaken Outland.

People should play the various games before jumping to conclusions.

I hope Frontline releases Adam's various toon handles and realms.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

Amazing we don't have 10 million mass murderers. I wonder if you play the game backwards it says "Paul is dead"?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to pandora

Premium Member

to pandora
What I find interesting is that fact that WOW doesn't have magazines, clips, rounds, arrows in it. At one time it did [damn you blizzard for taking a money maker away from my engineer. But thank you for freeing up a bag slot/storage space in bags.].
pandora
Premium Member
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

The quivers and ammunitions bags weren't quite magazines. Reloading a magazine wasn't necessary, just not running out of ammunition.

I recall the quiver, and having to get good with a weapon type. I can't recall when those were remove (what year, month).

Even with an ammunition pouch, a hunter wouldn't provide practice for Adam Lanza, at least not the type of violent learning many FPS video console games could offer.
Josof
join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

Josof

said by pandora:

I recall the quiver, and having to get good with a weapon type.

i miss those days, i know...rose colored glasses

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok to pandora

Premium Member

to pandora
In my opinion, PBS has the victims' blood from the next mass-murder incident on their hands for glorifying the killer and making him a household name.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to pandora

Premium Member

to pandora
What I find odd, is all the reports I remember hearing about what games he played, involved Warcraft III, not WOW.
pandora
Premium Member
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by gatorkram:

What I find odd, is all the reports I remember hearing about what games he played, involved Warcraft III, not WOW.

Well today my panda healer, killed a deer, to get it's eye and caught a fish as required by the daily fishing quest.

I'm uncertain how this will lead to violence in real life. The deer was killed humanely with touch of death.

Are things more violent over in Warcraft III?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

1 recommendation

McBrain to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

In my opinion, PBS has the victims' blood from the next mass-murder incident on their hands for glorifying the killer and making him a household name.

Nail on the head...I remember watching this shitstorm go down while I was at work. The whole time I was following the story I don't recall hearing his name once.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to pandora

Premium Member

to pandora
haha I am so going to blame WoW when I use my mind to flay their brain and give them a devouring plague. "Honest officer I was just trying to be like my shadow priest in World of Warcraft..."

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

1 recommendation

JB9 to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Agreed. I really disapprove how these 'news' agencies go on and on about these people to the point where they are almost celebrities, so dumb.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to pandora

MVM

to pandora
I guess because of Mindy McCready's suicide we can say that country music makes you suicidal, right?

You can't draw cause and effect when you have no control over the experiment. There are too many variables to say that one thing in a person's life equals something else. That's like saying he ate Tinkies (tm) and that made him do it.

I guess that's my problem, I'm too rational.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Kilroy:

You can't draw cause and effect when you have no control over the experiment

true. especially since there are such huge numbers readily available of all those "causes" NOT producing the alleged effect. bad science is bad.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
said by Kilroy:

I'm too rational.

You know on Bones there was a character that was blamed for being a serial killer because he was "hyper rational" (though he actually didn't do it.)
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
When I read the title I thought maybe it was about the blade-runner that murdered his wife.

then read the OP, oh the newtown killer, hadn't even heard his name before.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee to pandora

to pandora
Boy that makes me wanna shove Big Bird up their ass......

I hate these dimwit reporters these days..

Tweakbl
join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV

Tweakbl to pandora

to pandora
Human nature to want to blame something or somebody.
No one wants to take responsibility for their failures or mistakes.

They blame guns, they blame drugs, they blame Games.

Never do they blame the perpetrator and say you know what, he is just a evil vile monster and a waste of air.

Its like a Rogue or Hunter pulling mobs onto the Tank. The Tank cannot handle them, Dies then Tank Blames Healer, Healer blames Tank, DPS has good laughs at the Troll.

People need to own there mistakes. Take the mistake out to Dinner, French Kiss it then Make sweet love to that mistake.
Only by owning the mistake can you learn not to repeat it.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
said by Kilroy:

we can say that country music makes you suicidal, right?

yeah...thats pretty much the point of country music isnt it?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

easy now... I love most forms of music. The great thing about Country music... is that it is one of the last genres of music that is unafraid to be unabashedly patriotic (despite its detractors... I'm looking at you (now-irrelevant) dixie chicks).

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles

Premium Member

I was just kidding Immer, I too love most all music. Having played guitar since age 12 I appreciate most styles. To be honest Jerry Reed is still one of my top 5 guitarists..

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· KBhnebwE

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

1 recommendation

Phantasee to pandora

to pandora
It's so effing amazing how ignorant and uneducated some of the "reporters" and "news" stations are. I almost want to avoid all news these days because of stupidity on this level.

It's almost like they were paid to hide what the real problem is so that the real problems which trickle from our governing bodies aren't held accountable. Sickening.

(I ain't even man, tho)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Phantasee:

(I ain't even man, tho)

nocluewatudidthere

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

said by Immer:

said by Phantasee:

(I ain't even man, tho)

nocluewatudidthere

Oh, you know. In case someone reads my last paragraph and assumes I'm some mad, right-wing, rage monster dragon.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

oh... thought you were pulling and Adalicia or something...

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

said by Immer:

oh... thought you were pulling and Adalicia or something...

Isn't that the other guy with the girl name like me except everyone knows I am a guy?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I shouldn't post replies while laughing (at my own joke, no less)... grammar typos FTL.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to pandora

Premium Member

to pandora
They are now saying Lanza was obsessed with mass murderers.
That he wanted to "out do" the mass murderer in Norway. The guy that killed 77 people at a school. Though the local PD [sandy hook] is saying that is mere speculation.

IMO, maybe shit like this doesn't need to be fed on the national news. Because maybe by nationalizing it, they are only encouraging others to attempt to out do the last mass murderer.

»usnews.nbcnews.com/_news ··· ers?lite

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I think we can drop it now. complaining about gossipers in the office is fine... until our complaining becomes no better than the gossip we are complaining about.

Phantasee
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

I wonder if Obama plays WoW.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
So, news of mass killings shouldn't be reported nationally? Should the government step in and regulate what gets reported nationally?