join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper to plencnerb

Premium Member

to plencnerb

Re: [IPv6] IPv6 Comcast Speedtest

said by plencnerb:

said by ropeguru:

Site still does not work for me. Cannot even get to it.

Are you sure that IPv6 is working for you?

Can you get to these two sites, and what are the results?
»www.test-ipv6.comcast.net/
»www.test-ipv6.com/

--Brian

I can get to the »www.test-ipv6.comcast.net/ site, and I get two 10/10's. I cannot get to the Comcast IPv6 speedtest site, though. It just times out.

I wonder if Comcast is restricting their speedtest site to Comcast IPv6 only --- I am using a he.net tunnel for IPv6.

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

I think Comcast is having IPV6 problems today. I can't get to the IPV6 speedtest site, and I have been able to in the past. Also, the readiness check shows that ipv6 sites are all timing out, and I get 0/10 where I previously had 10/10. My router does show DHCP with an IPV6 2601: address on the WAN, and 2001: on the LAN, so that part is working.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

YukonHawk

Okay...this may or may not be related. I set up a tunnel via HE and I seem to have lost it. I double checked all of the settings including the IP address from Comcast and it's all correct on HE's site and my router.
So are there people out there experiencing the same with their IpV6 tunnels or is this just happening with native IPv6? I don't have native IPV6 due to the on going work with Comcast and Cisco. I have a DP3008 modem. Thanks.

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

I have two he.net IPv6 tunnels, both are working fine.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to owlyn

Premium Member

to owlyn
Well, I just checked things on my end.

For my router (PFSense 2.1 beta build) I am getting on the WAN side an IPv6 IP of 2001:558:.... The subnet mask on the WAN side is 128. For the LAN side, the IPv6 IP is 2601:d:4c00.... with a subnet mask of 64.

I can get to all three of these pages without problems
Comcast's IPv6 Speed Test: »ipv6.speedtest.comcast.net/
General "Test Your IPv6" site: »www.test-ipv6.com/
Comcast's IPv6 Test site: »www.test-ipv6.comcast.net/

Both of the test sites return 10/10. The IPv6 IP that is shown on all three is the same, and is 2601:d:4c00..... That also matches exactly what my ipconfig/all shows for my "Temporary IPv6 Address" on my desktop (which is the computer that I accessed all sites from).

So, as far as I can tell, things are working the way they should be for me, and without any problems.

--Brian

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

2 edits

YukonHawk to camper

to camper
It must be on my end then. Guess I have to do a little more diagnostic work. Thanks. If I can't get it to work I'll just delete it and reconfig it.

Edit...I figured out my problem with the HE Tunnel. I Googled my problem and found out when I up graded my AEBS to v.7.6.3 is broke the tunnel path. I down graded back to 7.6.1 and everything works fine again. So until Apple gets their act together on a fix. I'll leave as it.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

1 edit

plencnerb to owlyn

Premium Member

to owlyn
said by owlyn:

I think Comcast is having IPV6 problems today. I can't get to the IPV6 speedtest site, and I have been able to in the past. Also, the readiness check shows that ipv6 sites are all timing out, and I get 0/10 where I previously had 10/10. My router does show DHCP with an IPV6 2601: address on the WAN, and 2001: on the LAN, so that part is working.

Do you have that backwards, or is something wrong with my info? I have a 2001: address on the WAN side, and a 2601: address on the LAN side. Yours seems to be the other way around!

So, just wanted to point that out, in case yours (or mine) is incorrect, or if it was just a typo on your part.

--Brian

owlyn
MVM
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

said by plencnerb:

said by owlyn:

Do you have that backwards, or is something wrong with my info? I have a 2001: address on the WAN side, and a 2601: address on the LAN side. Yours seems to be the other way around!

So, just wanted to point that out, in case yours (or mine) is incorrect, or if it was just a typo on your part.

--Brian

Yes, had it backwards. 2001 on the WAN side, 2601 on the LAN side. I still couldn't get it to work right, so I set my router to 6to4 Tunnel and tried the readiness site, and it worked, so I changed it back to DHCP, and got the IPV6 addresses again, and now I'm fine. Readiness 10/10, speedtest 52 down/10.5 up (Blast).

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

said by owlyn:

Yes, had it backwards. 2001 on the WAN side, 2601 on the LAN side. I still couldn't get it to work right, so I set my router to 6to4 Tunnel and tried the readiness site, and it worked, so I changed it back to DHCP, and got the IPV6 addresses again, and now I'm fine. Readiness 10/10, speedtest 52 down/10.5 up (Blast).

What type of router do you have? Sounds like you had to reset your settings to clear your DHCPv6 info. A little odd me so I would like to look into this.

Router Type and version would be great start.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by NetDog:

said by owlyn:

What type of router do you have? Sounds like you had to reset your settings to clear your DHCPv6 info. A little odd me so I would like to look into this.

My guess would be a Netgear router. I have to reboot my WNR1000v2-VC about once a week because it loses IPv6 sync. The router's WAN and LAN, and attached devices still have valid looking IPv6 addresses, but they don't work anymore until I reboot the router, and it gets (and redistributes to its LAN devices) new IPv6 address assignments from Comcast.

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

said by NetFixer:

My guess would be a Netgear router. I have to reboot my WNR1000v2-VC about once a week because it loses IPv6 sync. The router's WAN and LAN, and attached devices still have valid looking IPv6 addresses, but they don't work anymore until I reboot the router, and it gets (and redistributes to its LAN devices) new IPv6 address assignments from Comcast.

What version of OS do you have on the WNR1000v2-VC, I will start asking questions..

owlyn
MVM
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn to NetFixer

MVM

to NetFixer
said by NetFixer:

said by NetDog:

said by owlyn:

Yes, it is a Netgear WNDR3400. I've had this problem before, and switching it to tunnel and back again fixes it. Don't have to reboot, but still, it shouldn't be happening. My symptoms are the same as yours (IP6 addresses all look good, but IP6 doesn't work).

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

2 edits

NetFixer to NetDog

Premium Member

to NetDog
said by NetDog:

said by NetFixer:

What version of OS do you have on the WNR1000v2-VC, I will start asking questions..

Here is the OpenWRT [KAMIKAZE (7.09)] OS version information:
Linux version 2.6.15 (chao.zhang@dni-l-sw01) (gcc version 3.4.4 (OpenWrt-2.0)) #199 Tue Apr 17 12:29:38 EDT 2012

Here is the Comcast/Netgear firmware information:
Hardware Version: WNR1000v2-VC
Firmware Version: V1.2.2.56NA
GUI Language Version: V1.0.0.71

EDIT:
If you are going to be bugging the Comcast/Netgear WNR1000v2-VC firmware writers, please also ask them to fix the bug that was introduced with Firmware Version: V1.2.2.56NA that prevents doing port forwarding for port 80 if Remote Management is enabled. It does not matter what port is used for Remote Management; if it is enabled, you can't do port forwarding for port 80 (DMZ also blocks inbound port 80 if Remote Management is enabled). There is also a long standing bug in all of the WNR1000v2-VC firmware versions that prevents UDP port 123 from being port forwarded as well (that also does not work with DMZ either).
NetFixer

NetFixer to owlyn

Premium Member

to owlyn
said by owlyn:

Yes, it is a Netgear WNDR3400. I've had this problem before, and switching it to tunnel and back again fixes it. Don't have to reboot, but still, it shouldn't be happening. My symptoms are the same as yours (IP6 addresses all look good, but IP6 doesn't work).

Actually, I can simply disable IPv6, save that setting, and then reselect DHCP for the IPv6 connection type, and the IPv6 connectivity resumes. But if I do it that way, the router actually keeps the old IPv6 address assignment along with the new IPv6 address assignment, so I prefer a reboot which provides a clean start.

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

Click for full size
said by camper:

I can get to the »www.test-ipv6.comcast.net/ site, and I get two 10/10's. I cannot get to the Comcast IPv6 speedtest site, though. It just times out.

I wonder if Comcast is restricting their speedtest site to Comcast IPv6 only --- I am using a he.net tunnel for IPv6.

Just to complete this comment, I can now reach the Comcast IPv6 test site. The image is above.