Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

plk
Premium
join:2002-04-20
united state

[WIN7] Buy windows 7 key

Needed a key for windows 7 so ended up getting windows 8. What total junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, We need to buy another key for windows 7 pro.
Anyone know a safe place to buy a key only?

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2
I do know any legitimate places that i know of were you can buy key only for the OS.

Gem
Premium
join:2005-09-10
kudos:4
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to plk
Do you need 32bit or 64bit Windows 7?

Is your unwanted version of Windows 8 32bit or 64bit?

I have an uninstalled Window 7 Home Premium 32bit version I would trade for a new uninstalled and never activated Windows 8 64bit version.

Unless you've activated W8. If so, that would not be transferable and would not activate for anyone else other than you and only on your motherboard and initial components.

plk
Premium
join:2002-04-20
united state
Its been activated

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL
reply to plk
This may help »www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/13···ter.html to deactivate Windows 8 key, and than you can use it on another PC.

Gem
Premium
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to plk
said by plk:

Its been activated

That's too bad. Not much use or value to anyone else but you.

You could try using Classic Systems Start Menu free utility to add a traditional start button to your taskbar. It can also be set to avoid the Metro desktop and boot straight to a standard desktop.

After making those two changes there is not all that much difference between 7 and 8 except for how they activate and how they "optimize" SSD drives. There are no doubt more differences, but guess they are minor as I've not encountered much else to worry about.

One thing I do enjoy about W8 is its faster startup and shutdown times.

redxii
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-26
Sherwood, MI
reply to plk
Only safe place to buy a key would be the online Microsoft store, but unsurprisingly Windows 7 isn't listed anymore.
--
Moe, I need your advice… See I've got this friend named Joey Joe-Joe... Junior... Shabadoo..

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
Great, even down under they say you can still buy Win 7 at Microsoft, but click on sale and it gives you Win 8.

False advertising really if I wanted to be pedantic about it.
I wonder how that would work with the Commission of Fair Trading or similar body.
I'm not trying to sound bad or tarnish the name, but if you advertise selling Win 7 as this link suggests, I'm sure they are breaking a law or 2 within the false advertising guidelines.
Especially with Win 8 available for as long as it is.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

mjhouser
Premium
join:2001-10-06
reply to plk
I buy OS/Office and computer components from my local computer shop.

»www.iguanamicro.com/opsys.html

Gem
Premium
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to Oleg
said by Oleg:

This may help »www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/13···ter.html to deactivate Windows 8 key, and than you can use it on another PC.

That looks like it for windows 7. Will the same procedure work with Windows 8?

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to plk
said by plk:

Needed a key for windows 7 so ended up getting windows 8. What total junk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, We need to buy another key for windows 7 pro.
Anyone know a safe place to buy a key only?

try tiger direct or newegg

edit: actually Amazon has the best price right now
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

1 edit
Here Is %10 on all Windows 7 editions BTEXVWM69 on Newegg.