Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cosmok

join:2010-03-31
Ottawa, ON
reply to snorlax14

Re: Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time

I just signed up for the unlimited internet for $30. I was told, as soon as the service is activated you will receive an e-mail (February 19th or later). I downgraded from the old Ultimate at $99.99 to Extreme Plus at $74.99. The total price will be $5 more except now I have no bandwidth cap and 45/4 instead of the Ultimate 250GB cap and 75/2.

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Cosmok:

I just signed up for the unlimited internet for $30. I was told, as soon as the service is activated you will receive an e-mail (February 19th or later). I downgraded from the old Ultimate at $99.99 to Extreme Plus at $74.99. The total price will be $5 more except now I have no bandwidth cap and 45/4 instead of the Ultimate 250GB cap and 75/2.

why, just go to one of the indies once they are aggregated and soon we will find out how much their unlimlted will be , for sure it will be a lot less than $105

Cosmok

join:2010-03-31
Ottawa, ON

I am not under contract with Rogers so I may switch. I need faster upload speeds for uploading video. None of the indies offer 10 Mbps up on cable yet. I may have to go to DSL to get that.

Pesterd

join:2013-01-22
reply to Cosmok

Old Ultimate was moved to $102.99 from $99.99, so you are only paying $2 more for Extreme+ with Unlimited. I will do the same on 19th.

vincom

Bolton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to vincom

said by vincom:

said by Cosmok:

why, just go to one of the indies once they are aggregated and soon we will find out how much their unlimlted will be , for sure it will be a lot less than $105

once they are on aggregate speeds for indies will all be the same as rogers, i dont understand why people paying over $100 to rogers is a good deal

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

The idea is to snag people back onto Rogers and preferably hold them in a contract to milk money out of them as long as possible.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

said by sbrook:

The idea is to snag people back onto Rogers and preferably hold them in a contract to milk money out of them as long as possible.

Rogers no longer does contracts on residential.

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to vincom

said by vincom:

i dont understand why people paying over $100 to rogers is a good deal

It's not necessarily but I don't want to put up with mysterious outages, random bandwidth drops etc to save money. My Rogers connection has been rock solid and no outages.

vincom

Bolton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by mlerner:

said by vincom:

i dont understand why people paying over $100 to rogers is a good deal

It's not necessarily but I don't want to put up with mysterious outages, random bandwidth drops etc to save money. My Rogers connection has been rock solid and no outages.

consider urself lucky, when i was with rogers thats all i had, mysterious outages, and techs were clueless as to why, then it would mysteriously start working again. but with the new aggreagate system being implemented connection issues should all be the same, if rogers is down then everyones down, but not all indies are the same, some are good and some are bad

Viper359
Premium
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON
reply to sbrook

Well said!

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON
reply to vincom

Even still, the aggregated pipes will be separate from Rogers own pipes since the network will be routed through 151 front street whereas Rogers own connections are routed directly through their cable plants and Corporate data centre so there can still be differences and Rogers will continue to prioritize support for their own customers.

Pesterd

join:2013-01-22
reply to yyzlhr

Same experience. I have had Rogers TV+Internet for 8 years now, and only had 2 issues. One time it was something big which also effected TV, but it only lasted maybe an hour or 2? Then there was a second time with internet only; there were slowdowns caused from evening to midnight for 2-3 days, but the internet was still usable. Still did what I would normally do.

Reading these reports by Tek in their forums kind of scares me. It's a common occurrence to see an official outage report every week in some area then having to wait 2 days to hear any feedback.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

Pesterd, you were fortunate. Rogers customers do suffer a lot of outages. (I modded Rogers forum for several years ... the reports were very common ... but they declined, not because there weren't outages, but rather because Rogers tended to be just as pathetic at repairing them, so it was a waste of effort complaining!

vincom

Bolton, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

i think it might have todo with customers in general, teksavvy customers are "teksavvy" in that they know these forums exist and how they initially found out about indies, and those users are usually online 24/7. rogers customers are not inclined to be teksavvy,

i know ror a fact that many do not know there are indies offering cable internet at all, all they know is bell and rogers. eg my brother, maybe hes online for a few hrs aday and didnt know indies exist until i told him, but he feels more comfortable paying the big companies as they are more "legit", he also still pays bell for pots over 50bucks/month.

so you cant base a decision on reading these forums, would be nice if rogers/bell would release service interuption complaints so we could compare apples to apples, but i know thats just a pipedream

mlerner
Premium
Nepean, ON

But there is a record of all major outages. If there is an outage that affects a large area, it will be posted here. And there are accounts for TekSavvy service which directly points to Rogers as communicated to TekSavvy but ONLY on the TPIA links.

I do not disagree Rogers customers suffer outages but there has been far more the past 2 years with TPIA clients than Rogers retail clients simply because Rogers could not care less if outages occur on the third party networks and so they do not provide priority support.