spc
Search similar:

uniqs
derridada
join:2013-02-17
London, ON

derridada

switch Rogers -> teksavvy

Thanks for this insightful review. Great piece! Now I'm even more convinced to change.

I'm determined to make the switch from Rogers to Teksavvy too, from extreme plus cable, since they again changed their pricing, and I am constantly over the download cap and 'upgrading' to fiber (or 'extreme super plus ultra turbo cable' or whatever they call it) is just too costly and raises the cap only marginally. Since I'm streaming everything now, I can just cancel cable and take it all (phone and internat) to Teksavvy.

My question though: what was your experience like cancelling with Rogers? What cancellation fees did you face? I also reckon I'll get a lot of resistance from Rogers in making the change - I just want to know what I'll be up against...

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

said by derridada:

Thanks for this insightful review. Great piece! Now I'm even more convinced to change.

I'm determined to make the switch from Rogers to Teksavvy too, from extreme plus cable, since they again changed their pricing, and I am constantly over the download cap and 'upgrading' to fiber (or 'extreme super plus ultra turbo cable' or whatever they call it) is just too costly and raises the cap only marginally. Since I'm streaming everything now, I can just cancel cable and take it all (phone and internat) to Teksavvy.

My question though: what was your experience like cancelling with Rogers? What cancellation fees did you face? I also reckon I'll get a lot of resistance from Rogers in making the change - I just want to know what I'll be up against...

I don't quite remember how cancelling with Rogers went, I had their services for 2 years already at my last residence. So I was not on any contract. I called, confirmed cancellation dates. I went from Cable to DSL (in 2011). So the transition was easier. My cancel date with Rogers was much later than my activation date with TekSavvy. If you're not on contract, you'll face no cancellation fees. You will be offered deal after deal from rentions. I hear they are offering 35/3 with 200GB of data for $45, or they were. If you;re going from cable to cable, you may experience some downtime a day or two since the modem will need to be provisioned on their network.

I highly suggest making a post on their Direct Support Forums. They are very informative and attentive in responding to posts. I also recommend you buy the Thompson/Technicolor DCM476 modem from them, you'll save $20 on activation and it the best supported modem right now to get to future proof yourself.