uniqs
sailor
Premium Member
join:2003-10-21
Long Island

sailor

Premium Member

Question about iTunes & iPod Touch 5g

I am considering purchasing an iPod Touch 5g....This will be my first Apple product...From what I have read about it is you have to get your music from iTunes.

When I went to iTunes webpage it showed downloads for a Windows Desktop or a Mac....I didn't see anywhere for a download directly to the iPod Touch.

So how do you get songs and other stuff on to your Ipod Touch from iTunes?

Do you need to have a desktop or laptop computer in order to download iTunes and that is where you buy and download songs to and then you hook up your iPod to your desktop or laptop and transfer the music you bought from iTunes to your iPod Touch from the desktop or laptop?

I'm confused.

Help me understand please how you put stuff on a iPod Touch 5G

Thanks.

Sebehk
USN Retired, 1993-2013, yvan eht nioj
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
Pueblo, CO

1 recommendation

Sebehk

Premium Member

Here is a screenshots from Apple's web site about the iPod Touch.

To sum it up, you do not need to use iTunes on a computer (PC or Mac) to buy and download music or apps.

The benefit of connecting it to a computer is to backup your music or apps in case of your iPod Touch gets replaced or, worst case, stolen. If either happens, you can connect your replacement iPod Touch, re-sync, and everything will be back to how you had it before.

--->Robert
8-)
sailor
Premium Member
Long Island

sailor

Premium Member

Great info, thank you!!..You totally cleared up the confusion I had.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Stacy

Premium Member

There are two kinds of iTunes. One is the desktop software on your computer where you can manage your music or buy music, apps, movies and tv shows from the iTunes store. The second is an app on the iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad. You can purchase items directly from your iPod Touch using the iTunes app and also have them sent to your ipod or any other iOS devices you own.

You don't have to buy from the iTunes store to play it on you iPod. You can import almost any MP3 or AAC into iTunes (on your computer) and then sync it. You can also rip music from a CD and then transfer it to your iPod via the desktop iTunes.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

1 recommendation

J E F F4 to sailor

Premium Member

to sailor
You don't need to buy music from iTunes. You can buy the music from anywhere (like 7Digital or other ... 'legal" sources, or not) just make sure that they're DRM free. If you download a non iTunes song right click the file and "open with iTunes", this will automatically add it to the iTunes library.

For simplicity, use iTunes to do things...if you're running Windows..there are some programs that sync iPods with Linux.
sailor
Premium Member
Long Island

1 recommendation

sailor to Stacy

Premium Member

to Stacy
Thanks Stacy See Profile and Jeff41 See Profile for the excellent info as well.

I'm glad I posted my question in this forum as I really didn't know where to ask...

But thanks to Sebehk See Profile and the two of you I get it now.

Thank you!