share rss forum feed

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to sbrook

Re: Unlimited Internet option on Rogers for a limited time

said by sbrook:

The idea is to snag people back onto Rogers and preferably hold them in a contract to milk money out of them as long as possible.

Rogers no longer does contracts on residential.

Pesterd

join:2013-01-22

Same experience. I have had Rogers TV+Internet for 8 years now, and only had 2 issues. One time it was something big which also effected TV, but it only lasted maybe an hour or 2? Then there was a second time with internet only; there were slowdowns caused from evening to midnight for 2-3 days, but the internet was still usable. Still did what I would normally do.

Reading these reports by Tek in their forums kind of scares me. It's a common occurrence to see an official outage report every week in some area then having to wait 2 days to hear any feedback.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

Pesterd, you were fortunate. Rogers customers do suffer a lot of outages. (I modded Rogers forum for several years ... the reports were very common ... but they declined, not because there weren't outages, but rather because Rogers tended to be just as pathetic at repairing them, so it was a waste of effort complaining!

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Anveo
·TekSavvy Cable

i think it might have todo with customers in general, teksavvy customers are "teksavvy" in that they know these forums exist and how they initially found out about indies, and those users are usually online 24/7. rogers customers are not inclined to be teksavvy,

i know ror a fact that many do not know there are indies offering cable internet at all, all they know is bell and rogers. eg my brother, maybe hes online for a few hrs aday and didnt know indies exist until i told him, but he feels more comfortable paying the big companies as they are more "legit", he also still pays bell for pots over 50bucks/month.

so you cant base a decision on reading these forums, would be nice if rogers/bell would release service interuption complaints so we could compare apples to apples, but i know thats just a pipedream

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

But there is a record of all major outages. If there is an outage that affects a large area, it will be posted here. And there are accounts for TekSavvy service which directly points to Rogers as communicated to TekSavvy but ONLY on the TPIA links.

I do not disagree Rogers customers suffer outages but there has been far more the past 2 years with TPIA clients than Rogers retail clients simply because Rogers could not care less if outages occur on the third party networks and so they do not provide priority support.