spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

EricTheDuke3

join:2009-11-17

Hallmark Movie Channel not in Extreme HD package?

Does anyone know why the Hallmark Movie channel is not available on the Extreme package, but it is available on all packages above and below the Extreme package. It doesn't make any sense to me! Even the Guide is confused because when I switch the Guide to subscribed channels, it lists the HMC even though I can't view it.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

said by EricTheDuke3:

Does anyone know why the Hallmark Movie channel is not available on the Extreme package, but it is available on all packages above and below the Extreme package. It doesn't make any sense to me! Even the Guide is confused because when I switch the Guide to subscribed channels, it lists the HMC even though I can't view it.

It's been that way since I signed up 2 years ago.

QuaffAPint
A Big Thanks To The Troops

join:2001-01-10
Downingtown, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to EricTheDuke3

Yup - we ran into the same problem. I actually recently dropped down one level from Extreme. Other than losing BBC America which is a bummer, I get HMC back and save money to boot, with really no big channel loses IMO. Plus, I can always get my BBC America shows through all the other various video outlets.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit
reply to EricTheDuke3

Im not sure what the point of this thread is, Hallmark Movie Channel has not been part of ExtremeHD for 2 years now.

BTW if you search 2 years ago u will find many stories on this issue..

EricTheDuke3

join:2009-11-17

1 recommendation

I didn't know there was a statute of limitations on asking why I don't get a certain channel.

skohly

join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

Exactly. I didn't know of this issue either and have been a Fios sub for about 2 years. I just downgraded to extreme from ultimate when my teaser rate ended. I'm ok with losing some channels but to have a lower tier get a channel that's not on extreme? First I'm hearing of it and it makes no sense.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to EricTheDuke3

Verizon is constantly changing the tiers, only they know why and most likely its a combination of contractual obligation on channel pairing from a content provider and cost. Verizon can't do al-la-cart and is very restricted by the content provider on splitting things up, we will never know all the details.

Most likely a sister channel was pulled, and the one you want can't be in a tier without it .. a few pennys here and there adds up for Verizon .. as to make sense, blame the content providers, they hold all the cards, Verizon just resells the content by the rules dictated to them

Vamp9190
Premium
join:2002-02-11
Chantilly, VA
kudos:1
reply to EricTheDuke3

said by EricTheDuke3:

I didn't know there was a statute of limitations on asking why I don't get a certain channel.

ROFL, well said, I agree entirely. I still have the 2009 Extreme and it is grandfathered in with still having some channels but I lost others, it is impossible to compare with current packages either, I tried going to the VZ site to compare and it is a mess.

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

Too many different plans is designed to generate a certain amount of Ultimate subscriptions by folks who are confused because the rest doesn't make any sense.