how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

1 edit

Anyone know how to use ndiswrapper? I need help with it.

I got a cisco ae2500 wireless usb, and obviously I need drivers for it. I followed »tinymelinux.com/forum/thread-865···#pid3760 I got to the part where I had to run

ndiswrapper -i drivername.inf I put my driver name there and got this:

installing bcmwlhigh5 ...
couldn't find section "Linksys_AE1200.files.NTamd64" -
installation may be incomplete
couldn't find section "Linksys_AE2500.files.NTamd64" -
installation may be incomplete

It didn't work and I don't have any idea what to do. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: I should say I got the drivers off of the cisco website.

aguen
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:2
Have you seen this entry?

»www.grailbox.com/2012/05/install···n-linux/

What flavor of linux are you using? It helps others here try to help you when you provide as much detail about your system as possible.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
Yep, thats where I got the link to the instructions I used.

Im on mint 14.1, really sorry I forgot to include that.

aguen
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
reply to me1212
32 or 64 bit? Which version of the drivers did you use?

Never mind, looks like you used the 64 bit drivers. The original poster at the link I provided said to use the XP drivers, also he was using a 32 bit version of Ubuntu.

aguen
Premium
Grants Pass, OR
reply to me1212
From what I could find via Google, the broadcom based devices have no real support in linux, as yet. However I found this device as being recommended for linux and comes with it's own linux driver. Might not be the the best wireless N device out there but it should work, and it's "cheap".

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···33555011

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to aguen
I tried windows 7 and xp drivers, neither worked. In the end I jsut gave up and ordered a wireless AP, that way I can just hook it up to the Ethernet port on my computer, I know that works with this install.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to me1212
Okay, I got the drivers installed! I think, it didn't give me any errors and when I check the windows wireless drivers tool it says its installed and hardware detected, but when I click on the network connection configure button it doesn't have an option to search for the wireless network or any way(that I know how to use) to connect. Help please?

yazdzik
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-26
Honesdale, PA
kudos:1
reply to me1212
Dear Me,

Although I am not a good gui person, if you would tell me which mint desktop you are using, there is usually in either gnome classic or mate desktop under applications/ system tools / administration a thing called windows wireless drivers.

It has both the installation, which, apparently is already successful and a connect button.

Both mate and gnome have a network manager applet so if you have "network-manager" installed, there should be a way to get a frontend for it.

If not, install it from synaptic or "apt-get install network-manager" from the command line.

Keep in touch.

Best wishes,

m
--
Life is a series of return dates. There is but one final argument, its eloquence determines who we were, and whether who we were had meaning.