spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to GTFan

Re: [Cable Card] Ceton InfiniTV and some channel problems.

That's a problem then, and they should call customer service, as that's not how it's supposed to work. I don't pay it, and I get tons of HD on my MCE machine.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

I wouldn't rock the bot there BiggA, you should be paying an "HD Access Fee" to have HD anything on your account

BiggA

EARTH

No. The "HD Technology Fee" is a box fee, applied once per account. For example, the DVR is $7.95 as the first box, on top of an HD technology fee. The next box would have a $10/mo outlet fee, if it's a DVR, another $7.95, etc. The people at the Comcast have explained to me how it works, and I don't pay the "HD Technology Fee" because I don't have any of their HD technology. I have my own.

halfband
Premium
join:2002-06-01
Huntsville, AL

In my area the HD applies to get HD enabled on your account, and has nothing to do with the boxes or equipment you have. No HD fee, not HD. Even an account with only TIVOs require the fee to get HD.
--
Registered Bandwidth Offender #40812

BiggA

EARTH

We have the "HD Technology Fee". You must have something different ("HD Access Fee")?

GTFan

join:2004-12-03

Whatever they call it, it's a BS fee because HD channels are supposed to be included with a digital package.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

If you pay for the HD ones, they are

BiggA

EARTH
reply to GTFan

They included in my plan for free. Like I said, I only have to pay if I rent their HD equipment. Since I own my HD equipment, I don't pay extra.

GTFan

join:2004-12-03
reply to beachintech

said by beachintech:

If you pay for the HD ones, they are

And I don't pay extra, and they are included (I also don't have any of their HD boxes). What you say is not true in all Comcast areas.

rendrenner

join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI
reply to BiggA

said by BiggA:

No. The "HD Technology Fee" is a box fee, applied once per account. For example, the DVR is $7.95 as the first box, on top of an HD technology fee. The next box would have a $10/mo outlet fee, if it's a DVR, another $7.95, etc. The people at the Comcast have explained to me how it works, and I don't pay the "HD Technology Fee" because I don't have any of their HD technology. I have my own.

But all those other boxes would need the HD code on the outlet to make it work. You are correct that the DVR includes the HD fee. You are also correct that the next box would have a $10/ mo outlet fee.
If that box is an HD box and it does not have the HD code on it then no HD for you even though you have it on the DVR. The fee does cover the entire account, but the outlet needs to know its authorized for HD.

Beach is saying the same thing. Even though the OP has a DVR and is paying the HD fee, the outlet that the cable card is on still needs the rate code to authorize the channels.

BiggA

EARTH

Yeah, it's around $7-$8 for a CableCard. If you have a DVR and a CableCard, have them code the CableCard as the primary on the account, it will come at no charge, and then put the DVR on as a secondary for $17.95, that way you won't get charged a fee for the CableCard.