how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Atekido

join:2002-08-25
Crossett, AR

response online support gave me

"There is an latency outage on the account. On the latency outage ticket it show that they are waiting for some reports for the internet and waiting to see what lines are available"

anyone want to break down what they mean?

they told me there would not be a fix untill july 30th.. will im sorry but BS to that. either give me this internet for free until then or get the stuff fixed. I emailed the WS CEO 5-6 years ago and it got stuff done. Literally the next day 3 technicians came to my house. i still have the email somewhere saved. looks like i will be doing it again. i forgot who it was but some guy had posted all the upper management emails for Windstream. i wonder if it still is on these forums.
Expand your moderator at work

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Primus Telecommu..
reply to Atekido

Re: response online support gave me

said by Atekido:

"There is an latency outage on the account. On the latency outage ticket it show that they are waiting for some reports for the internet and waiting to see what lines are available"

anyone want to break down what they mean?

Translation, we're still using EOL equipment in your area fed with very slow TDM or ATM uplinks. Internet, blah blah, waiting, blah, lines, blah blah.

Piggie
I Actually use Windstream
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Orange Springs, FL
It means they aren't really fixing anything, yet adding more customers, so it keeps getting slower.

Slipen

join:2010-04-18
Cairo, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Atekido
Same response they give everyone, for some of us for 3 years now. We are aware of a latency/over utilization problem in your area... Really you have been "aware" of it for three years when I first told you about it. They have changed their network statement two times since last year. Basically it now says we will adjust bandwidth to those who we see fit (ie whoever is paying the most for it and who would be more willing to leave if they had a problem and another choice). Windstream is now trying to get the state of Georgia to pass a bill that says if we service anyone in that census area with 3-6mbps the county can't set up a broadband network of more that 1.5mbps because if they did we would definitively not be able to screw those people over anymore because they would surely leave.

Piggie
I Actually use Windstream
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Orange Springs, FL
Reviews:
·Windstream
·HughesNet Satell..
said by Slipen:

Windstream is now trying to get the state of Georgia to pass a bill that says if we service anyone in that census area with 3-6mbps the county can't set up a broadband network of more that 1.5mbps because if they did we would definitively not be able to screw those people over anymore because they would surely leave.

If you can't win with good ideas or service, pay the govt to rig it so you always win. Windstream's version of Gerrymandering. I posted an (there are many) article about them in GA here yesterday.
»Windstream Stops Georgia Cities from municipal ISPs
--
| Speedstream 4200 Modem - 3m/384 plan | W98-W2KSP4-XPSP2 - All AMD | Buffalo WHR G54S with Tomato 1.18 | 3 downstream switches feeding 6 total clients (no wireless) | Including the Data port on the side of my neck |