uniqs

fonzbear2000
Premium Member
join:2005-08-09
Saint Paul, MN
·Verizon Wireless

fonzbear2000

Premium Member

BitTorrent SoShare service. 1TB transfers for FREE!

quote:
BitTorrent Inc. has released their new file sharing service SoShare in beta.
What makes SoShare different from rivals is the fact that users can send extremely large files for free, without having to use multiple links or multiple data transfers.

Using the BitTorrent browser plug-in, users can send files up to 1TB large in a single data transfer.

Making the transfer even easier, is the fact that recipients will not even need a registered account to accept files.

All files remain active for 30 days, or less time if you choose so.

Get the beta here: »www.soshareit.com/signup
ophelus
join:2004-01-11
Kansas City, MO

ophelus

This is good news in a way.. I'm sick of the model pionered by "megaupload" I believe..

seamore
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02

seamore to fonzbear2000

Premium Member

to fonzbear2000
said by fonzbear2000:

quote:
BitTorrent Inc. has released their new file sharing service SoShare in beta.
What makes SoShare different from rivals is the fact that users can send extremely large files for free, without having to use multiple links or multiple data transfers.

Using the BitTorrent browser plug-in, users can send files up to 1TB large in a single data transfer.

Making the transfer even easier, is the fact that recipients will not even need a registered account to accept files.

All files remain active for 30 days, or less time if you choose so.

Get the beta here: »www.soshareit.com/signup

I wish they had longer file retention

jap
Premium Member
join:2003-08-10
038xx

jap to fonzbear2000

Premium Member

to fonzbear2000
It's a bittorrent client attached to your browser. Downloaders must install the SoShare client and serve bits to peers during and after their download. And p2p transfers cannot begin until after uploader completes a copy to the SoShare servers.

Not useful for me. I'm not going to require recipients of my data to install proprietary app and connect to it's servers. It's unnecessary software and too spyish. Seems useful for work groups collaborating on a massive file set (that they don't mind SoShare having a copy of).
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

said by jap:

It's a bittorrent client attached to your browser. Downloaders must install the SoShare client and serve bits to peers during and after their download. And p2p transfers cannot begin until after uploader completes a copy to the SoShare servers.

Not useful for me. I'm not going to require recipients of my data to install proprietary app and connect to it's servers. It's unnecessary software and too spyish. Seems useful for work groups collaborating on a massive file set (that they don't mind SoShare having a copy of).

I think the new mega site would be more ideal for that since everything is encrypted and the data rates are far more reliable. Chances are that if you are dealing with data sets that large, 20 a month with mega is chump change.

jap
Premium Member
join:2003-08-10
038xx

jap

Premium Member

said by Rakeesh:

I think the new mega site would be more ideal for that...

I was thinking of a nightly build or collaborative film editing sort of exchange where ongoing change proposals to some files within a large set of files could be made to update in a syncing sort of way: rehash the 800GB collection and bittorrent would update only those that have been altered since last hash-check. In a globally distributed group it could hugely reduce data transfers.

Not an ideal way to go about it but for low cash and/or low bandwidth groups it would be a good workaround. Using conventional hosting (eg: mega) means re-downloading everything by everybody every time.