Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

[request] Forums > Equipment Support > Hardware By Brand > Asus?

I would like to offer for consideration a Asus hardware board. I think there is enough Asus routers and adapters in the market for a healthy thread. They are also becoming more mainstream, being available now at retail outlets like Fry's and Best Buy. With Linksys being bought by Belkin, I think Asus could step up as a major player in the consumer router market and thus deserve a spot. Anyone else agree?

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1

Re: Forums > Equipment Support > Hardware By Brand > Asus?

I do. I'm looking at an Asus RT-N66U to replace my WRT54GL.

I think it'd be interesting to see an Asus forum where all those Qs can go.

NoHereNoMo

join:2012-12-06

1 recommendation

reply to Optimus2357
As it is that standards have become more prevalent in hardware implementations, as opposed to each vendor going his own proprietary way, DSLR should also consider simply combining them all into one forum with categories for each brand.

Just a thought.
--
"Face piles of trials with smiles; it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave."

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

1 recommendation

Not sure if I understand. Do you mean having forums for different router CPU and their standards (like QoS) and then break down each CPU into different brands? If so, I think that would confuse the average user. Or do you mean having Forums > Equipment Support > Hardware By Brand > Asus > RT-N16U and then having threads just for that model? If so, I think that decrease overall post responses, since people will only really read the forums for the models they have, while basic troubleshooting usually applies to all models. JMHO but good input.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
·ooma
reply to Optimus2357
I just bought an Asus RT-AC66U and would also like to see an Asus forum.

Their routers are indeed becoming quite popular it seems.
--
So put me on a highway, and show me a sign.
And take it to the limit one more time...

kdhamann

join:2003-11-08
Medina, OH
reply to Optimus2357
I would like to see an Asus hardware forum also. I am quite happy with RT-N66U but it does have complex firmware and is being updated on a regular basis and has multiple alternate firmware choices available (Merlin's fine work, Tomato, DD-WRT, etc). Having a forum to view rather than searching the other forums would be an improvement.