Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to me1212

Re: Crysis 3

said by me1212:

EA's always online drm, complete disregard for consumer rights, how EA destroys most smaller studios they buy/their franchises.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--Origin and Steam are nearly identical--both have offline modes and both have forced a binding arbitration agreement into their EULAs that preempts class action lawsuits.

I use both and really have to try hard to think of anything substantially different, except that Steam has better sales.

What EA has done to Bioware is another story, however, but they are still one of my favorite devs.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

I know they aren't that differen't if EA didn't own/run origin I'd have no problem with it.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

I dunno, I have a hard time getting on board with combining politics and games into some sort of boycott. Growing up, my mom boycotted China. Look at the good that did...

I think we should save that level of caring for starving kids and such, but to each his/her own I guess.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to atuarre

Crytek: Crysis 3 looks better on PCs than on next-gen consoles

Today's PCs are already better than tomorrow's consoles.
--

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

$3000 gaming pc? Most people don't spend that much on a pc, still though a $1000 pc should beat the next gen of consoles.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Ah, here we go again with "most people."

I'll abstain from here on out. I've already made clear my opinion on that line of reasoning.
--

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8

1 recommendation

reply to atuarre

Uploaded this for you guys

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=12uQHtcn···youtu.be

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to Krisnatharok

Normally I'd be right there with you, but when a big name company talks about $500 console not being able to compete with a $3k pc it kinda looks to me like hes enforcing the negative stereotype that a pc *needs* to be several thousand dollars just to have better graphics than a cheap console. Heck I'd have no problem dropping that much on a rig, myself, just kinda the way he worded it that set me off. I could be wrong though about what hes saying, I'm running on about 6 hours of sleep for the last 48 hours. Yay college!

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to atuarre

i watched about 40 min of game play it looks fun to me, Force said on highest graphics on his rig that he couldnt get it to 60 fps, he also said that Total Biscuit couldnt get it to 60 fps either, so apparently its a resource hog
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

It's not a resource hog. It's a Crysis.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

+1 to you my friend , you made me laugh

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to atuarre

I just realized SLI was disabled all along... what a nub. I updated the drivers which disabled SLI and I forgot to check, wasn't until I looked at an Afterburner report I noticed GPU2 was disabled.

So the recording is with a single card. Uses 2400MB too, so VRAM is maxed out on 2GB cards at that res.

I got my brand new replacement from Zotac today, I've put it up for sale in the FS forum here on BBR

NY looks frickin' gorgeous tbh.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Are you dropping SLI?

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
Canada

said by Krisnatharok:

Are you dropping SLI?

No, I bought one from NewEgg 2 weeks ago since NCIX had said they had no more card and would refund me instead. Which they didn't (long story). Zotac ended up shipping me a new card. They're really amazing tbh, EVGA-like CS.

I'm still in GTX680 4GB SLI, I have no need for Tri-SLI. My mobo can't even take tri-SLI.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Aah ok, makes sense.

I got my $30 MIR yesterday from Zotac from the GTX 570 I purchased in August for my stepson's computer. Guess their rebate department is a little slow...
--

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to atuarre

MIR are such scams. Asus took a year for one of mine, Corsair six months, and OCZ eight months. XFX a year, too.

MIR are always slow in my experience.