uniqs

wesm
Premium Member
join:1999-07-29
Seattle, WA

wesm

Premium Member

[FiOS] Prices going down

According to »www.frontierforhome.com/fios, most of the prices have gone down about $10/month. TV bundles went to 89/99/109, phone bundles went to 45/55/65, and standalone Internet is now 29/39/49. Triple plays appear to be unchanged at the moment. Also, the price guarantee is now three years, per the text at the top and bottom of all of the pages (though the middle red text still says two years).

vulcan125
Subie Style
Premium Member
join:2001-11-23
Seattle, WA

vulcan125

Premium Member

Passing along the savings from not handing out Apple gift cards maybe?? Would like to see some speed increases on the Internet side too...

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to wesm

Premium Member

to wesm
Interesting. The price listed for double-play (25mb / Extreme HD TV) is what I'm paying now. Plus, I'm on the old Extreme package which gives me a few more channels than the current package
reggie29
Premium Member
join:2004-05-19
Gresham, OR

1 edit

reggie29 to wesm

Premium Member

to wesm
I just got off the phone with an agent in Everett and he said the offer is only available to customers who subscribe to new FiOS internet service. He said the purpose of this sales campaign is to increase their FiOS internet business. This won't help me when my contract is up. Hard to imagine that any existing FiOS customer would be able to take advantage of the reduced pricing.

wesm
Premium Member
join:1999-07-29
Seattle, WA

wesm

Premium Member

He'd be incorrect. The text at the bottom says it is available to "new or current Frontier customers" who take the specified bundle. Historically, Frontier has always let people rebundle at the current price, whatever that happens to be.
reggie29
Premium Member
join:2004-05-19
Gresham, OR

reggie29

Premium Member

I mentioned that same small print section to him on the double play screen during my conversation and he pointed out that one part of the "limited time offer" for the phone and internet bundle required subscribing to "new FiOSĀ® High-Speed Internet". He tried to enter the order and could not get past that the customer has existing and not starting new FiOS internet service on his screen to make the change. If someone is successful in upgrading their double play to this offer please let me know.
gozer9
Premium Member
join:2010-08-09
Rochester, NY

1 edit

gozer9

Premium Member

You have to give it to Frontier and the wording they use.
FiOS Internet + Digital Phone: Limited-time offer to new or current Frontier customers who subscribe to a qualifying package of Frontier residential local service with features, long distance and new FiOSĀ® High-Speed Internet with speeds up to 15/5Mbps.
What it says is if you have a land phone with them and have a qualiffying land phone package or will upgrade to one you can get this deal but you have fios now you cant get this deal.

It should read more like this... Just for new fios customers that may or maynot have a land line with Frontier now can get this deal.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR

NOYB

Premium Member

That's why I don't get too excited about "special" offers. They are nearly always TOO special to be of any useful benefit.
td798
join:2013-01-31
Clackamas, OR

td798 to wesm

to wesm
Bummer. My contract is up in June and will likely end up moving to Comcast. I miss the features that Verizon used to have (remote DVR, streaming connectivity, etc.). I can get those plus pay less per month through Comcast with no contract. Sucks to ditch better technology because the telephone company doesn't really want to provide TV service.
td798

td798 to wesm

to wesm
...and they're back up. FiOS TV/Internet Double Play bundles up to 95/115/125. I also notice their top option at $125/month has the 35Mb Internet but still just FiOS TV Extreme, not Ultimate like the historical packages.
gozer9
Premium Member
join:2010-08-09
Rochester, NY

gozer9

Premium Member

The single star after a choice means its no longer available.

»www.frontier.com/terms/
td798
join:2013-01-31
Clackamas, OR

td798

I wonder how long until the single star is next to FiOS TV