how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Morage

@telecomputing.se
reply to Immer

Re: A worthwhile investment...

Its not just Korea were new players or even older players experience mobbing, I think you will find it on every realm to sum extent.
It states that he is an older player throw rather new to the game.
As you get older your reaction times go down and even if you know what your supposed to be doing and have descent gear you find it hard to keep up with the youngsters, I will hit 50 sooner than I would like ((.

What surprised me was that he exposed himself to realm ridicule throw doing random groups and didn't just stick to a close group of friends that knew his limitations and were willing to help him ie hide in a guild like probably a lot in his position do. I think we have a couple in my guild, nice ppl but struggling and needing a lot of coaching.
I would not be surprised if to a lot of players young and old that LFR and LFG is pointless and after maybe one or to goes at it would never dream of pressing that button again just because of the atmosphere they meet each time. Not every one has Kevlar skin.

Mobbing probably dose more damage to the game than any of the so called competitor games.
It would be interesting to know how many invisible players blizz actually has (players not doing random BGs LFR and LFG).

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
He was in a guild, they wouldn't bring him along to do anything. He probably just took the attitude "at least I'm in a guild" and left it at that.

You are correct, though... we have some beaten down folks on all servers. I think this is one of the reasons why Blizzard did their Mentor Guild program a few months back. They know what's up... but its up to us to make a difference for these folks.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
said by Immer:

I think this is one of the reasons why Blizzard did their Mentor Guild program a few months back. They know what's up... but its up to us to make a difference for these folks.

cool, i never heard about Mentor guilds. do players volunteer their own guilds or does blizzard create mentor guilds on new player servers?
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
It was a pilot program that blizzard did for a while. »Introducing the Guild Mentoring Program

Blizzard picked specific servers, and guilds applied for the pilot program. Seems it turned out well, but we haven't heard of it becoming a regular thing or not.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

StumpMan
Premium
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC

1 recommendation

reply to Immer
Several years ago I was leveling a tank, and to be honest, I sucked. And bad. Thought about deleting the tank and walking away for a bit, but the guild master of the guild I was in at the time took me under her wing and pushed me. Every time I was online, she had me tanking dungeons.

It took a while, but I got the hang of tanking. Thanks to her sticking with me and training me.

I try to make it a point in our guild to help out anyone having trouble or needing help with their class. Pay it forward I guess.